SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Should be just next weekend and then it's over. 

speaking of these switch replacements -- has an (M) ever been rerouted to CPW until now? also, where do they get the shuttle buses from? surplus from weekday-only routes? reducing service on other routes?

2 hours ago, New Flyer Xcelsior said:

But, @GojiMet86 posted the following: Could this be a fleet swap from the (3)?

Not really, answered above. Also, if there is a swap, then this will conflict with the (5) because of Flatbush Av. 

----

Also, the ex. shuttle units that's on the (6) now has the looped stanchions with single lined rollsigns  and also re positioned (1931, 1927, 1952 and 1940). 1923 is now in the middle of the 5-car set between 1927 and 1952

Edited by Calvin

44 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

Anybody like the "new" (M) weekend service pattern? Metropolitan Av to 145 St

The has to be one of my favorite subway lines of all time. The (M) is that one line that can literally go anywhere the (MTA) feels like it. The (M) can go to Forest Hills, Jamaica, To Broad/Chambers Street. It can go down West End, and it used to go down to Brooklyn like Coney Island back in the day, and it has gone into Euclid Av before. If the (MTA) wanted to, they can send the (M) down brighton instead of the (J) to Prospect Park, or to do the Brighton express on weekends. More reccently, we've got the (M) going up to 96 St, and now up CPW. I love how flexible the (M) has become. Its not just a Myrtle Av Shuttle, but a line that can be used on every major B division trunk line when needed. No other train comes close.

Edited by Q23 via 108

3 hours ago, Q23 via 108 said:

The has to be one of my favorite subway lines of all time. The (M) is that one line that can literally go anywhere the (MTA) feels like it. The (M) can go to Forest Hills, Jamaica, To Broad/Chambers Street. It can go down West End, and it used to go down to Brooklyn like Coney Island back in the day, and it has gone into Euclid Av before. If the (MTA) wanted to, they can send the (M) down brighton instead of the (J) to Prospect Park, or to do the Brighton express on weekends. More reccently, we've got the (M) going up to 96 St, and now up CPW. I love how flexible the (M) has become. Its not just a Myrtle Av Shuttle, but a line that can be used on every major B division trunk line when needed. No other train comes close.

I’d say the (5) is pretty close if not number 1. The (5) has intervals that either start/terminate at Bowling Green, Utica, Flatbush, New Lots, E180, Nereid, White Plains, and Dyre every weekday. 

Shout out to that TSS and RCI who just so happened to be at the right place at the right time and got the air conditioning restarted on an R32 (C) train I was on earlier. They did it while the train was moving and making station stops too, which impressed the hell out of me because I'm not used to seeing such an efficient operation.

5 minutes ago, Abba said:

I remeber going to school way back . The 4 was local to Franklin then express to Atlantic 

Okay?

Anyway, I was just curious as to why the (3) does not run its entire route beginning in the morning on Sundays like almost all the lines generally do, though some do start an hour later as 7 or even 8-9-ish or so.

Edited by Jemorie