SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mariachi band on the (7) is awesome :cool:

Been to the abandoned South Ferry Loops (both) and original City Hall by staying on trains (not really effective during rush hours 'cause people will stare at you (Run away)

Record of taking about 15-20 lines in one single day (Mostly NTT's, blah.)

Don't use regular metrocard much. Always sneak in with student one.

The mariachi band on the (7) is awesome :cool:

Been to the abandoned South Ferry Loops (both) and original City Hall by staying on trains (not really effective during rush hours 'cause people will stare at you (Run away)

Record of taking about 15-20 lines in one single day (Mostly NTT's, blah.)

Don't use regular metrocard much. Always sneak in with student one.

You just admitted to trespass and misuse of a Student MC on a public forum.

Not like anything is going to happen to him :)

BTW, City Hall is legit but the South Ferry loop could get you into trouble.

Word. Can't remember how many times I've used my school metrocard for anything other then school. (Can't wait 'till spring break). I've also been through the City Hall loop a couple of times.

Word. Can't remember how many times I've used my school metrocard for anything other then school. (Can't wait 'till spring break). I've also been through the City Hall loop a couple of times.

I remembered when I was a junior in high school (2008) I had a MetroCard that was assigned to me, but in total I had THREE student MetroCards, the others I found was because students were being careless and they dropped them. During finals week, we had to come to school on some days for part of the day for our test, or we didn't have to come in at all. But on the days I had no tests, I rail/busfanned like no tomorrow.

Last year we went on a school trip to some museum in the middle of no where (we crossed all of New Jersey) on coach bus. We were dropped off at the school but because our student passes are invalid past 8:30pm or something, we were stranded in Midtown. We showed our School IDs to the station agent and we were allowed in. Thanks god the agent was a nice lady. :confused:

I went through the Chambers St station on the (J)(Z) to get to the (4)(5)(6) and it pisses me off that the station still looks like shit compared to the BB/City Hall station. It's criminal.

I'm off the soapbox now. NEXT! lol

The grating above what used to be the closed off stairwell to the middle platform kinda gives me a little vertigo. I just hope those things are sturdy, cuz that's a big drop to the platform. If only they could redesign the station and have trains on just the western most tracks like they have for Canal-Bowery. Then they can close off the eastern platforms and let them rot.

Anybody knows how often the wallpaper on the 42nd St Shuttle is changed?

LMAO Im dying B). Its called Ad wrap, & no I dunno.

++++++++++++

I caught 2 R142A's on the (5) today! due to the (5) not having any access to E 180 St yard, the (5) had to use cars from the (4), & used R142/A's from the (4) ending up resulting in an Rare R142A (5) train.

And also, another random thought: the 23rd, (J) Prospect Pk shuttle is back. Hopefully they will run some R42's on there :cool:.

South Ferry was only done once, after some confusion during a (4) G.O. There was no train to Brooklyn, but I never knew that and slept. When I woke up, I hear a sharp turning noise and see S.F. Went to Fulton, got on train to Brooklyn.

are you sure you didn't pretend to fall asleep then jumped up and took a million pics of the SF station? B)

are you sure you didn't pretend to fall asleep then jumped up and took a million pics of the SF station? B)

You can still ride in the last car on the (5) evenings after 9pm/weekends and RFW that station (out the side window lol). Its perfectly legal, and the station looks frozen in time from the last time it was open.

Guest lance25
Why does the legality of riding the loop change after 9pm on weekends?

It has less to do with legalities and more to do with the schedule. After about 21:00 on weekdays and during the weekends, the (5) uses the Bowling Green/South Ferry loop to turn around since it doesn't run to Brooklyn.

@TwoTimer: I thought riders weren't permitted on the trains looping around Bowling Green since, unlike Brooklyn Bridge, trains can stay in the South Ferry ones for a while.