SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, JubaionBx12+SBS said:

I hope whoever the idiots are that decided to start tomorrow's Yankees game at 4 pm let the MTA in on this. There's NO way service on the (4) and (D) during the 3-4 pm hour will handle all those stadium travelers plus the after-school crowd. 

How are they idiots? They probably had reasons to start the game at 4 PM and that same argument can be said about the 1 PM Games with people leaving after the game but who's complaining about that?

2 minutes ago, Daniel The Cool said:

How are they idiots? They probably had reasons to start the game at 4 PM and that same argument can be said about the 1 PM Games with people leaving after the game but who's complaining about that?

Starting the game at 7PM like most games would have been perfectly fine. Plus, big games like playoff games are better off as night games to attract the primetime TV audience. 

1 hour ago, JubaionBx12+SBS said:

I hope whoever the idiots are that decided to start tomorrow's Yankees game at 4 pm let the MTA in on this. There's NO way service on the (4) and (D) during the 3-4 pm hour will handle all those stadium travelers plus the after-school crowd. 

Reason the ALCS starts at 4PM is because MLB doesn't want two playoff games on at the same time, the ALCS has the Afternoon Slot, NLCS has the evening slot. 

2 hours ago, JubaionBx12+SBS said:

The game starts at 5pm, the Lo-V's will run around 4pm. (B)(D) service between 4-5pm is better equipped to handle the crowds than (D) service 7-8pm. Also (B) service ending at 145 adding crowds to the long platform of people waiting for the (D) to show up doesn't help.

3 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Reason the ALCS starts at 4PM is because MLB doesn't want two playoff games on at the same time, the ALCS has the Afternoon Slot, NLCS has the evening slot. 

And they're not going to start the Dodgers-Cubs games at 1pm Pacific time during the week. MLB would want those west coast fans to be able to watch their games also.

Plus, 5pm ALCS starts won't really deter TV ratings or attendance in Yankee Stadium like a 1pm start would for TV ratings in LA and attendance in Chicago. The start times for Tuesday and Wednesday are a happy medium for almost everybody, including our younger railfans who won't get back home too late after fanning the Lo-V's :lol:.

15 hours ago, R68OnBroadway said:

Send it down to Whitehall or Canal, then flip it to a (W), or run it light up Broadway to some storage area. If Jamaica is not 100% CBTC ready by the time the R179s have replaced half of the R32s, it would best to put them on the (F) or (M) as the (F) riders aren't like the (E) riders, and the (M) can worry less about the rollsign as it is a flipdot, and no commuter will usually look at the side signs. Plus, I have seen 46s without rollsigns on the (A), and the MTA once put an R44 on the (A) with a piece of paper with a marker "A" on it as it was missing its rollsign. (this was from some photo on nycsubway.org) 

Give me a break.  Do you think the N line superintendent would want an R32 on the N line if there is a chance this would happen.  This would give headaches to the dispatcher too.  What about the crew?  Obviously you have no regard for them either.  Suppose it's their last trip and they finish at Stilwell?  You'll delay them badly and cause overtime.  Flip it to W?  Every sign would be wrong.

The purpose of all this?  Just for entertainment for a bunch of BUFFS.  Yes, BUFFS, not railfans.  The froth for these worn out poor performing R32's is simply nauseating.  This idea is for YOUR ENTERTAINMENT only.  A buff is a foamer.  A railfan is somebody who thinks things out as it pertains to the entire railroad. 

The worn out R32's are only good for museum service.  Period.  They are still here only because of late R179's, the upcoming 14th St. Tube reconstruction, and former TA President Prendergast scrapping the R44's.  The only ones that had a structural problem were the first 50.  If SI still runs theirs, surrounded by salt water, transit could have kept theirs.

The R32's are just fine where they are on the A/C/J/Z.  They must be kept off the Southern Division lines because at any time any line can be rerouted via the Montague if the railroad goes down the toilet.  We don't need R32's there solely for foaming purposes.

I don't understand why the (B) is the rumored choice for the R32's. When they ran that 1 R32 on the (B) in 2009-2010 the people bitched, supervision didn't want it on the road as much and they had no issue sending it to 207th in june of 2010. 

Putting all the remaining R32's on the (B) will create issues. Yes its a part time route and run 5 days a week but the politics in south Brooklyn will complain and the Montague Street tunnel issue. Its better to run the R32's on the (G) if CIY does get em back.

The R32's on the (J) is a perfect thing, barely to no complaints and hvac failures went down . the only downfall is the running times and the mdbf due to the 24/7 operation. 

This is just my opinion 

16 hours ago, JubaionBx12+SBS said:

The :bus_bullet_bx6: shall be tested that's for sure.

8 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

in a way r32 is right about the politics  you have gentile whining about the r46's on the (R) and supposedly you had people crying about r32's on the (B) and supposedly in the IRT there is politics there too 

All lines have politics surrounding them.  All residents want the newest and shiniest equipment, nothing more.  Hence part of why the (4)(5)(6) were 100% NTT for awhile, and also part of why the (N) was one of the first to get the R160s.

At some point, however, the MTA does not give a crap about politics.  If certain operations are necessary for them, they'll go ahead with them.  We saw this with the R188/R62A situation between the (6) and (7).  The MTA is not here to appease figurehead politicians nor idealistic foamers.  Doing so just makes their job that much harder.

Let's just wait and see about this whole swap.  We're a ways from QBL being even remotely close to 100% CBTC, and the timing of the R179 and R211 can play a role as well.

4 hours ago, JubaionBx12+SBS said:

If you're aware of the demographic that attends Yankees games regularly, you'll see that hardly anyone takes the Bx6 to go to Yankees games. 

Yep. I've been to a NYCFC game and most people were rushing to the trains at the end. Same when Yankee games ended. Most Bx6 buses were pretty empty before the SBS started on the line.

17 hours ago, JubaionBx12+SBS said:

If you're aware of the demographic that attends Yankees games regularly, you'll see that hardly anyone takes the Bx6 to go to Yankees games. 

Yup. And that's why I am so concerned. I ran into them on the (4) . The most gullible, elated tourists ever.

Who said about going in? I meant going out. That's the hard part.