Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, JubaionBx12+SBS said:

If you're aware of the demographic that attends Yankees games regularly, you'll see that hardly anyone takes the Bx6 to go to Yankees games. 

Yup. And that's why I am so concerned. I ran into them on the (4) . The most gullible, elated tourists ever.

Who said about going in? I meant going out. That's the hard part.

6 hours ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

Yup. And that's why I am so concerned. I ran into them on the (4) . The most gullible, elated tourists ever.

Who said about going in? I meant going out. That's the hard part.

Those Yankee fans are anything but tourists...

The (J) being mostly R32 has been the best thing to ever happen for the (J) line.. but if it weren’t for the breakdowns or mechanical issues, R32’s would have been perfect for the line. 

1 hour ago, BayParkwayW said:

Sooo... I watched a few videos from this week with an R62A (4) (during the weekday). Anyone know if it’s a permanent assignment?

If it was uploaded on a weekday it was probably from last weekend.

23 minutes ago, Far rockaway said:

What subway lines are left for the installation of countdown clocks?

Not officially on the app:

(7)(A)(B)(D)(F)(J)(Z)(N)(Q)(S) Rockaway Park and Franklin Av

Or in terms of lines:

Flushing

8th Av (above 168 St)

Fulton St (Grant Av and Queens)

Rockaway

Concourse

Brighton

West End

Canal St (Broadway Line, lower level)

Sea Beach

6th Avenue (57 St, Grand St, 2 Av, Delancey-Essex, East Broadway, York St) 

63rd St

Queens Blvd (Hillside Av stations)

2nd Avenue

Culver (below Church Av)

Nassau St (Except Delancey-Essex)

Franklin Av

Jamaica Line (between Kosciuszko Street and 121 St)

Edited by Mysterious2train

3 minutes ago, Mysterious2train said:

Not officially on the app:

(7)(A)(B)(D)(F)(J)(Z)(N)(Q)(S) Rockaway Park and Franklin Av

Or in terms of lines:

Flushing

8th Av (above 168 St)

Fulton St (Grant Av and Queens)

Rockaway

Concourse

Brighton

West End

Canal St (Broadway Line, lower level)

Sea Beach

6th Avenue (57 St, Grand St, 2 Av, Delancey-Essex, East Broadway, York St) 

63rd St

Queens Blvd (Hillside Av stations)

2nd Avenue

Culver (below Church Av)

Nassau St (Except Delancey-Essex)

Franklin Av

Jamaica Line (between Kosciuszko Street and 121 St)

The northbound platform of the Kings Hwy (B) (Q) is online, and possibly other stations as well, so I'm guessing Brighton will be going online very soon

I don't know if this question is repeated but: who does the announcements on the (E)(G) and  (7) lines?

Edited by Calvin

I do have a question for regarding the cbtc is there a policy for those who operate the (7) and the (L) to operate the train manually like alternate between letting the train be controlled by automation then operating manually?

6 hours ago, Calvin said:

I don't know if this question is repeated but: who does the announcements on the (E)(G) and  (7) lines?

Catherine Cowdery.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

So? Concerned about what? 

Whenever you invite a crowd uncharacteristic of a neighborhood into town alongside its less reputable populace, it creates a recipe for disaster.

This applies to sports game attendees, hipsters and tourists alike, which I all lump together into a single designated mass.

• LMAO! 1

12 minutes ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

Whenever you invite a crowd uncharacteristic of a neighborhood into town alongside its less reputable populace, it creates a recipe for disaster.

This applies to sports game attendees, hipsters and tourists alike, which I all lump together into a single designated mass.

Da hell? 

Its less reputable populace? 

The issue with sports games is not class mixing, it’s crowding spikes and drunk idiots...

Edited by RR503
  • LMAO! 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RR503 said:

Da hell? 

Its less reputable populace

The issue with sports games is not class mixing, it’s crowding spikes...

Crowding spikes make it more difficult to maintain order when officers are spread thin. It causes a strain on resources that makes it easier for the less reputable to get away with things if the cops are preoccupied with fanning out fans.

Attention spans have a limit.

I'm sorry if you find fault with my choice of words but there are all kinds of messed up people in that area. That's why a TB HQ exists there.

No offense, but the way you word some of your posts is both hilarious and confusing at the same time.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain
Fixed a typo

I’ve always wondered — why do those extra tracks exist by 72nd st on CPW?

9 minutes ago, RR503 said:

I’ve always wondered — why do those extra tracks exist by 72nd st on CPW?

They can be used as layup tracks if needed. They also can serve as an extra switching point from the local to the express track and vice versa. I've been on a few uptown (D) trains that have stopped at 59th Street on the local track (since there was a stalled (A) train on the express track), have continued on the local track to 72nd Street, then switched to the middle track and then to the express track just before 81st Street.

• Thanks 1

I can’t even take the subway for a couple of stops without running into a problem... I get on a (4) train at Mosholu Pkwy... train goes BIE with half a car pulled out of the station. Within 7-10 minutes, brakes get reset, rear doors get reopened, close down and away we go. Then at Kingsbridge the skip hammer goes down - Burnside, 149, then all local stops to Utica.

Good thing this didn’t happen last weekend when the (4) was running reduced service in the Bronx, that would’ve been an even bigger mess with a half hour wait at the skipped stations...

4 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

They can be used as layup tracks if needed. They also can serve as an extra switching point from the local to the express track and vice versa. I've been on a few uptown (D) trains that have stopped at 59th Street on the local track (since there was a stalled (A) train on the express track), have continued on the local track to 72nd Street, then switched to the middle track and then to the express track just before 81st Street.

Yep same here. One time however though, this (D) Train I was on went express to 72nd Street then unexpectedly used the spur track to switch local and out of nowhere the operator announced "Ladies and gentlemen, due to an investigation at 125th Street, the next stop will be 81st Street. I wished I got a video of that too.

Edited by Daniel The Cool

On 10/21/2017 at 12:29 PM, MysteriousBtrain said:

No offense, but the way you word some of your posts is both hilarious and confusing at the same time.

I do intend to infuse humor but not confusion, but you have a point. Sometimes, it's less straightforward.