SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That (A) G.O. is unusual but pretty good: No service between 181 St and 207 St. Normally it would terminate at 168 St and the (C) would terminate at 145-Lower Level.

The (A) is still servicing the core area of Washington Heights and the GWB bus terminal while they can still work on whatever it is they’re working on. Win-win.

14 hours ago, Calvin said:

What ever happened to the Cuomo R160s from Jamaica Yard to be in-service on the (E) line only? Seems like recently, there're on both that line and the (F) . 

They gave up on that “experiment” those sets even end up on the (R)  Jamaica went back to the “whatever’s available” Routine. 

1 hour ago, Thekilomoney11 said:

There was a R62 (3) train in service this morning on the White Plains Road line it actually started from East 180th street surprised the hell outta me cause I thought it was on its way to 239th street yard

There was a signal malfunction at Clark street this morning. That train probanly got rerouted Lexington.

10 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

7596-7610 are abandoned R142As for the (6) . Not a loan, but returning to service for now.

That set has been MIA for a while now apparently due to brake problems, but from what I heard word is that it's going to stay on the (6) for a while. It's nice hearing the 142A (6) announcements again lol

40 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Today I rode in two cars (an 160 and an 143) that had dead motors, and one 160 car I rode the door chime wasn't working. I love the smell of the brakes on a truck with dead motors though :D

How could you tell the motors were dead? Not doubting you genuinely want to know.