SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

14 hours ago, CTK246 said:

That chicken in a can can go to hell.

Speaking of bad ideas that seemed smart, removing trash cans from stations.

Removing trash cans...<_<..Yes i agree  thats a terrible idea...They mind as well ban eating on the subways if they follow thru with that....

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, kosciusko said:

How could you tell the motors were dead? Not doubting you genuinely want to know.

When you don't hear propulsion sound coming from the motors, squeaking/grunting sound when the train is breaking. 

On the SMEE cars, a little yellow light illumated on the side of the cars

1 minute ago, Around the Horn said:

Yes. I've seen photos from multiple people.

With the Clark Street tubes being rehabilitated on weekends, are those R62A's operating between the South Ferry (1) Station and the Eastchester–Dyre Avenue (5) Station? Thank you for responding to my post, I appreciate your verification regarding this matter.

18 minutes ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

With the Clark Street tubes being rehabilitated on weekends, are those R62A's operating between the South Ferry (1) Station and the Eastchester–Dyre Avenue (5) Station? Thank you for responding to my post, I appreciate your verification regarding this matter.

The (2) normally uses its own R142A during the weekend. The only reason it's using R62As this weekend is because it's only running between 96the and South Ferry.

Also, there's an R62 from the (3) running on the (2). Saw it a few minutes ago at 14th Street.

3 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

The (2) normally uses its own R142A during the weekend. The only reason it's using R62As this weekend is because it's only running between 96the and South Ferry.

Also, there's an R62 from the (3) running on the (2). Saw it a few minutes ago at 14th Street.

It makes more sense now, since the (2) is running in two separate sections. That set of R62's you saw on the (2) is terminating at 96th Street.

I was at 96th St earlier and the Supervisor was heating up, The T/O 315 never showed up to take 6415 (Lead Car) to relay and switch back. He was at the other side of the platform and never answered the radio.. The supervisor then had T/O 313 take over to cover up and T/O 315 came half an hour later and had to be put into another train. The supervisor was very angry and was talking to another T/O saying "Some of these trains operators seriously are a disaster, like they know where to show up because the relay guy will take to train on the north end, but if he doesn't show up, who the f*ck is gonna pull in the train from the south end. Theres no ding or buzzing, this ain't a frickin full time terminal, thats what the f*cking holding lights are for... They cause the problems, this is why you see the Daily News reporting all the shit going on at the MTA, because even the people who work here just come in for the cash and benefits, and just stick around with a bad attitude not knowing what the f*ck they doin'."

This was at 96 Street, around 5:17pm

Edited by WestFarms36

11 hours ago, B46 via Utica said:

What time does the 46 (Q) leave 96 st-2 ave in the mornings?

11 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Around 8:10 or so

5 hours ago, MTA Bus said:

It's the 08:15 out of 96th Street.

Yes, 8:15 AM from 96 St-2 Av (R), at Stillwell Av: 9:23 AM

Sometimes, that 46 can be a 160 from Jamaica Yard

Edited by Calvin

10 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

Sounds like somebody is trying to get somebody else in trouble. I mean, that supervisor could be right and you should shield him from trouble. You’ll never know who’s reading the forums. Maybe Byford lurks here. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, that train conductor on the (Q) that closed the doors at Sheepshead Bay on Friday, March 23, 2018 should get some form of punitive action. The (B) completely platformed and the (Q) started pulling out. I ended up catching that (Q) anyway at Brighton Beach thanks to the holding lights, but unfortunately for the less able, the (B) ended up on the Manhattan-bound platform. That (Q) later pulled into Coney Island at 6:40 PM.

15 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

I was at 96th St earlier and the Supervisor was heating up, The T/O 315 never showed up to take 6415 (Lead Car) to relay and switch back. He was at the other side of the platform and never answered the radio.. The supervisor then had T/O 313 take over to cover up and T/O 315 came half an hour later and had to be put into another train. The supervisor was very angry and was talking to another T/O saying "Some of these trains operators seriously are a disaster, like they know where to show up because the relay guy will take to train on the north end, but if he doesn't show up, who the f*ck is gonna pull in the train from the south end. Theres no ding or buzzing, this ain't a frickin full time terminal, thats what the f*cking holding lights are for... They cause the problems, this is why you see the Daily News reporting all the shit going on at the MTA, because even the people who work here just come in for the cash and benefits, and just stick around with a bad attitude not knowing what the f*ck they doin'."

That's some quote you got... Word for word... :lol: If you follow social media, it's true. Oh we're all underappreciated and underpaid. Well how much should one be paid? I guess the going rate should be $100,000+ for ever worker. Very sustainable because you know us riders will pay for it.

5 hours ago, CenSin said:

Sounds like somebody is trying to get somebody else in trouble. I mean, that supervisor could be right and you should shield him from trouble. You’ll never know who’s reading the forums. Maybe Byford lurks here. :rolleyes:

He's not lying either so he has a point and a right to say that. Plus its not like he is the only potty mouth working for the MTA. Because of that T/O, another crew that was supposed to be done for the day had to pull 6415 to not further delay service.

Edited by WestFarms36