SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

2 hours ago, LGA Link N train said:

Weekdays where everything is running normal and fugimtation isn't bad at Forest Hills.

What I'm trying to say is that there was weekend construction last week on the express tracks. which made queens bound (E)(F) and (R) trains crawl like bugs, so since I didn't have anything to do after my internship program, I decided to go home but wanted to go home before 6:30. Though I should've ignored going to Lexington All together

That's cool, i was just making a QBL joke.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once Westchester Yard gets their hands on those remaining R62A sets at Corona Yard, they'll most likely rearrange the single units and toss the beloved RFW's. If I'm not mistaken, every R62A set used on the (6) has a full-width cab on each operating end. This year could be the last opportunity anyone has to admire the RFW within A Division.

Sixth Avenue has to to fixed so much, you don't wanna know how many (D) trains I have seen on Eighth. Broadway line commuters have probably seen a few (F) trains. Doesn't affect me too much cause I ride on Eighth (more service for us XD), but it's annoying when I take an (E) to Seventh and 53rd, then the (D) just happens to not be running there, so I have to wait for the next (E) to get to 42 or 50.

Seen a mini zoo at the 23rd Street (6) station a couple days ago...

AswTRuY.jpg

Pigeons, Cats, Hamsters and various other birds, their was also a dog running running around the platform. I was 😄 at the pigeon causally chilling on the Cat's back. Kinda reminded me of this YT video...

10 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

AswTRuY.jpg

Pigeons, Cats, Hamsters and various other birds, their was also a dog running running around the platform. I was 😄 at the pigeon causally chilling on the Cat's back. Kinda reminded me of this YT video...

Smh... So much for the police patrolling the subways... <_<

14 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

AswTRuY.jpg

I've seen that guy at 50th street. I have no idea how he trained those cats not to go after the birds. 

14 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Smh... So much for the police patrolling the subways... <_<

Seriously? You want the police to arrest this guy? Those are impressively trained animals, and I've seen this guy, he doesn't harass anyone or bother anyone, just nicely asks for donations if you want to take a picture. Technically he's breaking rule 1050.9(h)(1) but - other than you, who cares? 

4 hours ago, itmaybeokay said:

I've seen that guy at 50th street. I have no idea how he trained those cats not to go after the birds. 

Seriously? You want the police to arrest this guy? Those are impressively trained animals, and I've seen this guy, he doesn't harass anyone or bother anyone, just nicely asks for donations if you want to take a picture. Technically he's breaking rule 1050.9(h)(1) but - other than you, who cares? 

I thought they were fake animals. 😱

A few days ago...I saw this at 59 St-Columbus Circle. 

It's an uncovered sign, which depicts the old style in which subway signs were manufactured. The former service patterns of the (B) to 168 St, 21 St-Queensbridge or Coney Island and (C) to Rockaway Park or Bedford Park Blvd were taped over. Just a nice throwback to the old signs. 

40763702925_d5ef410a8c_h.jpg

56 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

It's an uncovered sign, which depicts the old style in which subway signs were manufactured. The former service patterns of the (B) to 168 St, 21 St-Queensbridge or Coney Island and (C) to Rockaway Park or Bedford Park Blvd were taped over. Just a nice throwback to the old signs. 

Talk about "Copy" and "Paste" 

Fair warning: The (M) shuttle from Myrtle-Wyckoff to Metropolitan will cease operating this Friday, April 27 at 9:30 PM. 

Weekend construction for April 28-29 will put the shuttle out of business, and on April 30, normal (J)(M)(Z) service will resume. 

If you wanna see R42's on the (M), get your pictures/videos now. This will be the last time you'll see any R42 operating on the (M), and you won't want to miss that opportunity. 

29 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

Fair warning: The (M) shuttle from Myrtle-Wyckoff to Metropolitan will cease operating this Friday, April 27 at 9:30 PM. 

Weekend construction for April 28-29 will put the shuttle out of business, and on April 30, normal (J)(M)(Z) service will resume. 

If you wanna see R42's on the (M), get your pictures/videos now. This will be the last time you'll see any R42 operating on the (M), and you won't want to miss that opportunity. 

In relation to this, why are they having free shuttle buses for the (M) while the (L) shuttles would be paid?

Also, I heard that the (M) shuttles were very efficient and organized during the shutdown. If anyone rode them, could you deny or confirm this and maybe explain why they ran efficiently? Normal MTA bus subway shuttles  and buses in general tend to suck...

Edited by R68OnBroadway
fixed a spelling error

1 hour ago, Coney Island Av said:

Well now that sign is definitely gonna be replaced by tomorrow...

29 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

In relation to this, why are they having free shuttle buses for the (M) while the (L) shuttles would be paid?

Also, I heard that the (M) shuttles were very efficient and organized during the shutdown. If anyone rode them, could you deny or confirm this and maybe explain why they ran efficiently? Normal MTA bus subway shuttles  and buses in general tend to suck...

99% of the time it ran it's own artics and was rarely crowded.

20 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Is it confirmed that the (L) shuttles will be paid?

The reasons the (M) shuttles operated well was because, as mentioned above, it had its own fleet; also, the route was quite short and completely straight. The only problem I saw riding them during rush hour was that they tended to get stuck in traffic approaching the chaotic Broadway intersection - a short bus queue-jump lane near Broadway would've helped make that better.

13 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

Someone had better procure an 8K camera to get these videos down in the maximum resolution for decades to come.

Based on a vid I've seen of the run between Brooklyn Bridge and Union Square on the uptown express, I didn't spot any timers or speed limits (correct me if I'm wrong) forcing trains to slow down through out some of the curves in that area.

So why do most train operators brake for the curves ? Only been on a handful of runs where they'd haul ass throughout the entire run.