Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

1 minute ago, Lawrence St said:

I actually help when I can (and by help I mean scream at people saying that there are no express trains and whatnot).

do they listen or look at you like you have 2 heads?

Just now, BreeddekalbL said:

do they listen or look at you like you have 2 heads?

Some listen some don't some tell me to stop smoking crack.

It helps a lot if you’re very handsome. (I know that came out narcissistic, but it’s demonstrably true.)

1 hour ago, CenSin said:

It helps a lot if you’re very handsome. (I know that came out narcissistic, but it’s demonstrably true.)

What I don't understand is why they don't tape off the express or local platforms when trains don't stop there...

2 hours ago, CenSin said:

Physical attraction level (x) =/= authority level (y) =/= IQ (z), rather, y < z. So, in other words, since the majority of society vehemently despises mathematical reasoning, outperforms all other attributes. The ego (y), not so much.

3 hours ago, CenSin said:

Lmao!

--

Noticed that 138th-GC finally got new pillar signs, unfortunately. Those were vintage late-70s/early-80s porcelain pieces. Luckily (or unluckily) the massive platform signs covering the Mott Haven readings from the same era are still up.

Edited by MHV9218

If they ever remove the Standard signs from 138 Street, they'll likely have to replace the old Mott Haven Av mosaics as the sign supports were probably drilled into the old tiles.

Some R160’s on the (Z) read “JAMAICA EXPRESS” now as the former was “JAMAICA EXP” 

I wonder if the R188s on the (7) will receive the treatment the 42 St Shuttle has with the poles and floor mats. 

39 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I wonder if the R188s on the (7) will receive the treatment the 42 St Shuttle has with the poles and floor mats. 

Those upgrades were signed off and approved for R160’s and R62A’s only for some reason.

5 hours ago, Lance said:

If they ever remove the Standard signs from 138 Street, they'll likely have to replace the old Mott Haven Av mosaics as the sign supports were probably drilled into the old tiles.

If they do, they should do what they did at Briarwood. Keep the Mott Haven mosaics up, and put in some IND-style black tiles with white text reading "138 Street" below the Mott Haven signs.

Edited by P3F

6 hours ago, Lance said:

1 hour ago, P3F said:

If they do, they should do what they did at Briarwood. Keep the Mott Haven mosaics up, and put in some IND-style black tiles with white text reading "138 Street" below the Mott Haven signs. 

If they were to restore the mosaics, couldn't they rename the stop as 138th Street - Mott Haven? It would eliminate some of the overlap in station names in the South Bronx (we have two Third Avenue stops and two Grand Concourse stops in different places).