SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

There should be no reason that CPW express is slow during rush hour and nights before 11:30PM. SMDH 

Slow in waiting times....Or slow in movement....Cause this may sound funny..But i let a (B) go past at 34th st for the express (D) which came like 5 mins after and kid u not that same (B) was leaving 125st before i got there...Back in the 90's no way a (B) beating a (D) that fast...:blink:

8 minutes ago, biGC323232 said:

Slow in waiting times....Or slow in movement....Cause this may sound funny..But i let a (B) go past at 34th st for the express (D) which came like 5 mins after and kid u not that same (B) was leaving 125st before i got there...Back in the 90's no way a (B) beating a (D) that fast...:blink:

Actually both. Reason why I say this is b/c years ago I would get on an (A) express from Broadway-East New York to 125th in about 40 mins. Today’s travel is about hour and change and I can only guess b/c of the timers that installed on the line. 

Yesterday I missed an (A) and (C)  train on Nostrand. Waited 5 mins for the next express. Eventually caught the missed (C) train at 42nd. Than while on CPW express to 125th train kept crawling slow after 103rd. SMDH. 

4 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Actually both. Reason why I say this is b/c years ago I would get on an (A) express from Broadway-East New York to 125th in about 40 mins. Today’s travel is about hour and change and I can only guess b/c of the timers that installed on the line. 

Yesterday I missed an (A) and (C)  train on Nostrand. Waited 5 mins for the next express. Eventually caught the missed (C) train at 42nd. Than while on CPW express to 125th train kept crawling slow after 103rd. SMDH. 

I get it..Its gottin to the point (with me anyway) if im waiting for an (A) anywhere along 8av/fulton/cpw if the (C) shows 1st i just board it...Lately depending on ur destination locals beat expresses by a mile

2 minutes ago, biGC323232 said:

I get it..Its gottin to the point (with me anyway) if im waiting for an (A) anywhere along 8av/fulton/cpw if the (C) shows 1st i just board it...Lately depending on ur destination locals beat expresses by a mile

Correct. I’m realizing that now. Does that boil the same on the 6th Avenue Express (B)(D) 

Another issue I have is the (D) express is VERY LIMITED in The Bronx especially on game days. The Concourse/Jerome are by far the worse lines to me in the Bronx. 

Edited by Future ENY OP
Addition

11 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Correct. I’m realizing that now. Does that boil the same on the 6th Avenue Express (B)(D) 

Another issue I have is the (D) express is VERY LIMITED in The Bronx especially on game days. The Concourse/Jerome are by far the worse lines to me in the Bronx. 

Very Similar depending on your destination....Like i said in the post above..I let an (B) leave at 34st for an (D) and that same (B) was leaving 125st not arriving at 125st...lol...Me personally i think the (5) is the worst in the bronx especially on wkend and overnights....

21 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

The 5 line is by far the worse in the Bronx. There is a 20-25 minute headway on some weekends and nights.

I find service on Jerome pretty frequent.

I can confirm as of today, the (5) train I was on finally had corrected announcements at 59th Street! They are finally adding the “Transfer is available to the F AND Q trains...” announcement that has been on the NRW since the Second Avenue Subway opened. It’s also timed properly again before the doors open. Can’t believe it took them this long.

19 minutes ago, transitfan111 said:

The 5 line is by far the worse in the Bronx. There is a 20-25 minute headway on some weekends and nights.

I find service on Jerome pretty frequent.

It is and it's because no one speaks up about the service up there. A "shuttle train" from Dyre Avenue to 180th street on weekends... What a joke.  You'll never have enough ridership to sustain it if it runs so poorly.

44 minutes ago, biGC323232 said:

Best thing to do.  I take whatever comes first, because quite frankly, as you said, the locals often beat the "expresses" anyway.

24 minutes ago, biGC323232 said:

Very Similar depending on your destination....Like i said in the post above..I let an (B) leave at 34st for an (D) and that same (B) was leaving 125st not arriving at 125st...lol...Me personally i think the (5) is the worst in the bronx especially on wkend and overnights....

Something else that's funny about the (5) .... They will find any excuse to have it run local.  You can be on an express (5) train and, BOOM, next thing you know, you're going local and making every single damn stop in the Bronx that the (2) makes.  I had to give up on it and just take Metro-North.  Longer walk and a higher fare, but at least you don't have to put up with such nonsense.

16 minutes ago, PMac18 said:

I can confirm as of today, the (5) train I was on finally had corrected announcements at 59th Street! They are finally adding the “Transfer is available to the F AND Q trains...” announcement that has been on the NRW since the Second Avenue Subway opened. It’s also timed properly again before the doors open. Can’t believe it took them this long.

I was on a (4) train that had updated announcements on the Bowling Green run. It not only had the Bx6 Select+ announcement at 161st Street, but also had the (F) and (Q) announcements at 59th Street. That 59th Street announcement is not timed rightly. It was on set 1240 to 1186 on the R142 that these additional announcements came. Everytime I would be on the (4) train, it would either not mention the separate transfer at 59th Street, or when trying to find the M86 Select+ announcement at 86th Street, it would cause a glitch. That has also been the case at 161st Street.

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

I honestly cannot see the logic in running only 6tph of (B) on Concourse, and having that only run for 3 hours each rush. That area is growing, and Lex isn't getting any less crowded... Given that the (B)(D) generally get you to Midtown faster than the (4), NYCT should be throwing throughput at them, not putting them on this starvation diet... 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

CPW had a bad night yesterday. I think someone got tripped around 81 which made for some real fun southbound. That cascaded to the northbound side, and congestion from all the switching and terminal madness had locals backed up to 110. At least one n/b (C) went express while I was up there. And of course, there were some good-sized gaps in express service too -- I remember some solid 10-12 minute periods between (A)s in both directions...

I will say, though, there was one (D) TO following an especially long gap in n/b express service. And boy, did that train fly up the hill at 110. He or she really knew how to work the timers...

1 hour ago, biGC323232 said:

Often times, that's no joke either. Literally the other day both an (A) and (C) train were at 42nd street, so I decided to take the (A). Turns out the (A) became delayed in Manhattan and Brooklyn as usual, and I didn't see that (C) again until the (A) passed Shepherd Avenue where the (C) already went to Euclid and was running in the opposite direction (I kid you not!). Only in New York City lol...    

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks