SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I wonder is why the (MTA) doesn’t report the Queens Boulevard delays. It’s EVERY week day Morning from 6:30AM-8AM that (E) and (F) trains are delayed, sitting in the tunnel, or operating at 15 mph going Southbound. And in the afternoons to evening it’s the SAME congestion 5:00pm-7pm. These delays are far worse than the Lexington Avenue Line. 

Edited by VIP

4 hours ago, VIP said:

What I wonder is why the (MTA) doesn’t report the Queens Boulevard delays. It’s EVERY week day Morning from 6:30AM-8AM that (E) and (F) trains are delayed, sitting in the tunnel, or operating at 15 mph going Southbound. And in the afternoons to evening it’s the SAME congestion 5:00pm-7pm. These delays are far worse than the Lexington Avenue Line. 

Those new signals is the reason why, lunar white timers all over the place between 75th ave and 71st ave.

6 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

Those new signals is the reason why, lunar white timers all over the place between 75th ave and 71st ave.

Amazing how no Operator or Dispatcher sent a formal complaint about it yet. It’s absolutely slowing service down. Especially Express service. 

3 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I had a dream about this last night and I cant tell if it actually happened or not. Did a conductor on the 42nd St shuttle open the doors on the wrong side of the train?

There was a post from 2nd Ave Segas on Twitter showing that actually happening. I can't find the tweet though.

9 minutes ago, TheNewYorkElevated said:

The NYPD tested out metal detectors at Penn Station yesterday. It's a pilot program for now, but I have concerns that this could be the future... 

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2018/12/11/nypd-debuts-new-subway-scanners

Why improve national security techniques to reduce terrorism when you can just slow everyone down with metal detectors to please the paranoid?

22 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

Why improve national security techniques to reduce terrorism when you can just slow everyone down with metal detectors to please the paranoid?

Metal detectors aren't going to end the world. (Pun not intended)

Maybe something besides metal Detectors could be used though.

Well, the (MTA) is doing that G.O. Again with 53rd Street where they have the (E) go via 63rd Street and 6th Avenue again. But this time, there’s a twist with the (M) running from Metropolitan to Chambers for an entire week! So I guess QBL is temporarily deinterlined for a whole week. (It would’ve been at least good to have the (E) run local with boosted (F) and (R) service (heck! I know this isn’t a sensible thing to do but Even a few (G)’s to keep local service frequent would’ve been nice!) but eh, whatever. I’ll be off that entire week so it doesn’t matter for me. 

2 hours ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Well, the (MTA) is doing that G.O. Again with 53rd Street where they have the (E) go via 63rd Street and 6th Avenue again. But this time, there’s a twist with the (M) running from Metropolitan to Chambers for an entire week! So I guess QBL is temporarily deinterlined for a whole week. (It would’ve been at least good to have the (E) run local with boosted (F) and (R) service (heck! I know this isn’t a sensible thing to do but Even a few (G)’s to keep local service frequent would’ve been nice!) but eh, whatever. I’ll be off that entire week so it doesn’t matter for me. 

Do you have a link? I cant find it on the (MTA) website.

I'm very annoyed. My monthly metrocard ends December 18th and I want to refill it with another monthly but the machine at Wall St 4 & 5, which is the closest station to my work, is broken. I took the train to Atlantic Av-Barclays Center to catch the LIRR and was hoping that I can quickly refill my metrocard at the machine there but there was a line and waiting on the line would make me miss my train. I'm also getting an error making an easypay metrocard account. Maybe I should walk from Penn Station after all.

42 minutes ago, EphraimB said:

I'm very annoyed. My monthly metrocard ends December 18th and I want to refill it with another monthly but the machine at Wall St 4 & 5, which is the closest station to my work, is broken. I took the train to Atlantic Av-Barclays Center to catch the LIRR and was hoping that I can quickly refill my metrocard at the machine there but there was a line and waiting on the line would make me miss my train. I'm also getting an error making an easypay metrocard account. Maybe I should walk from Penn Station after all.

Just refill it another time... You've got 5 days.

17 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

How are the 2/3 from manhattan to brooklyn on Sunday mornings, say from 8-10 am? I may have to start using them for work, but want to know if it will be a reliable ride or lots of delay...

You may want to be there extra early b/c of g/o's. Other that that, the 2/3 runs mostly 12 min headways during that time. It'll be 1/2 empty heading to Brooklyn. 

6 mins per train combining 2/3 service btwn Times Square and Franklin Av

Edited by Calvin

37 minutes ago, Calvin said:

You may want to be there extra early b/c of g/o's. Other that that, the 2/3 runs mostly 12 min headways during that time. It'll be 1/2 empty heading to Brooklyn. 

6 mins per train combining 2/3 service btwn Times Square and Franklin Av

The (2) now runs 8 minute intervals on weekends barring any construction.