SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VIP said:

104 Street is now open but 121 Street is boarded up still. 

Both the north and south bound platforms of 121 are technically up and running. The MTA likely will finish whatever work needs to be done at the southbound platform (which should've been completed in the first place but whatever), and the northbound platform's been running since late 2017. What'll happen next is anyone's guess...

SOMEONE REALLY HATES the (D) today. The conductor on the (N) was just yelling profanities about the (D) as we creeped into Atlantic Avenue–Barclays Center.

I think he's the embodiment of what all New Yorkers feel.

"Every f***ing time!"

"C'mon Delta! Stop clogging up the road."

This went on from there all the way to the bridge with intermittent banging sounds from the inside. He was probably smashing something?

18 hours ago, VIP said:

104 Street is now open but 121 Street is boarded up still. 

Are you sure? This past week the agency has been terminating the (J) at 121 Street and busing people over to Jamaica-Van Wyck on the (E) for service to Archer Avenue overnight due to construction. 

Edited by NY1635

15 hours ago, CenSin said:

SOMEONE REALLY HATES the (D) today. The conductor on the (N) was just yelling profanities about the (D) as we creeped into Atlantic Avenue–Barclays Center.

I think he's the embodiment of what all New Yorkers feel.

"Every f***ing time!"

"C'mon Delta! Stop clogging up the road."

This went on from there all the way to the bridge with intermittent banging sounds from the inside. He was probably smashing something?

He left the PA on or you heard him from the cab?

On 12/22/2018 at 12:33 PM, NY1635 said:

Are you sure? This past week the agency has been terminating the (J) at 121 Street and busing people over to Jamaica-Van Wyck on the (E) for service to Archer Avenue overnight due to construction. 

That G.O. Hasn’t happened yet. And by boarded up i meant the tiles still have wooden boards covering them and the ends of the platform look like construction sites. 

Some rail fans are not fans at all. I can gather some are vandalizing The cars. From carving out the ad wrapped R160’s (interior), chipping off the paint from the yellow looped stanchions, taking off number plates and taking off spec stickers... what’s next? Ripping off the floor mats? 

24 minutes ago, VIP said:

Some rail fans are not fans at all. I can gather some are vandalizing The cars. From carving out the ad wrapped R160’s (interior), chipping off the paint from the yellow looped stanchions, taking off number plates and taking off spec stickers... what’s next? Ripping off the floor mats? 

Sounds like something crazy people would do. 

Random thought:

Why can't the MTA or NYC DOT repave the streets under elevated structures like New Utrecht Avenue, Mc Donald Ave, Broadway etc?

Example:

6600 New Utrecht Ave
https://goo.gl/maps/9QDofd9xwoD2

I know that replacing them will ruin the structural support of the beams but why can't they at least try to fix it when they we're fixing the elevated beams and stations a couple of years back?

Edited by ABOGbrooklyn
Mistake

9 minutes ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

Random thought:

Why can't the MTA repave the streets under elevated structures like New Utrecht Avenue, Mc Donald Ave, Broadway etc?

Example:

6600 New Utrecht Ave
https://goo.gl/maps/9QDofd9xwoD2

I know that replacing them will ruin the structural support of the beams but why can't they at least try to fix it when they we're fixing the elevated beams and stations a couple of years back?

Street paving is the job of the NY City DOT, not the MTA.

On 12/17/2018 at 9:18 PM, paulrivera said:

Today I rode a (1) train from ... wherever the Shake Shack on Varick is up to 96th Street, and a (2) train caught up to us at Penn Station. At 50th Street, the 2 overtook the 1.

Then at 72nd, the 2 train was held in the station (next train was a (3) that was 10 minutes away) and my 1 train overtook it (the 1 was still running local.)

The winner to 96th Street: The (1) train.

i wish I was kidding, but this actually happened.

This happens all the time, for years.

5 minutes ago, Italianstallion said:

Street paving is the job of the NY City DOT, not the MTA.

My mistake. Well still, why are these streets never paved? They've literally been in the same condition since I was a child, and that was in the 90s...

Edited by ABOGbrooklyn
Grammar

1 hour ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Someone is making a board game based on the (L) shutdown lolol

Escape from hell? After watching this shit, I'd rather stay there....

I think we all get the point that the shutdown will be nightmarish for commuters, but this was a god awful way of portraying it.

16 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Escape from hell? After watching this shit, I'd rather stay there....

I think we all get the point that the shutdown will be nightmarish for commuters, but this was a god awful way of portraying it.

It wouldn't be capitalism if someone isn't making money off a major inconvenience...