SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 42nd St Shuttle started having ad-wraps on the outside of their newly length 6-car trains. Only flaw is that you can't get the full picture of it on camera or phone b/c of the door screens in the way. Nothing bad, but there's a reason to why it's there on both ends of the platform. 

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

The 42nd St Shuttle started having ad-wraps on the outside of their newly length 6-car trains.

Yeah the Emory ads, saw them on one of the shuttle sets recently. Some of the cars also had the interior wrapped in white as well. Never seen the shuttle ad wrapped before, so that was nice.

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Some idiot threw an TV on the tracks at Bedford Ave and PM Rush (L) service is all screwed up as an result, 8 minute gaps between trains, usually runs every four minutes during rush hour.

:lol:..All kinds of strange things been happening in the subway lately.....Once i saw the guy bring a sofa on the subway that did it for me

This morning (E)(F)(M) and (R) trains are once again delayed because of a network communications issue at Queens Plaza. 

I’m honestly growing so tired of the constant issues on QBL. I get that all things eventually fail and QBL sees a high volume of trains traveling along its corridor but it seems like every other day there is an issue that delays service significantly. Between the lack of train operators and these nonstop issues I don’t know how they expect more people to ride.
In the middle of rush hour for example it is not uncommon to see a 20+ minute gap for the (C) train. The (D) during the AM hours on the weekends always has a 20-25 minutes gap in service, the (R) and (F) also have their moments where you’ll have to wait almost 20 minutes and it could be 7:30pm, like who should have to put up with this mediocre service? The MTA’s own ridership data show that car usage is up according to the amount of people crossing the bridges. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

5 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Anyone know how expensive it would be to contruct that flyover from Alabama Av to Cypress Gills?

The one that would run directly along Jamaica Av from Broadway Junction right? I wouldn't expect it to be too expensive.

What they should do is construct it similar to how the Babylon Branch along the LIRR or the JFK Airtrain was built. This way, they can show Astoria riders and any other riders that ELs can be quiet which would allow for better chances of the LGA extension of the (N)/(W)

Edited by Vulturious

Went to a cap store around 125 St and took the M60-SBS to Astoria Blvd to get a free milk tea by Ditmars Blvd (walked from Astoria Blvd to Ditmars). Took the (N) back from Ditmars Blvd up to Barclays Center to get the (B) that arrived as I'm there. 

The (N)(W) passed by while being on the (N) that's an R68 is either a R68/A or R46, 1/2 of their fleet. No R160s were seen along the way or that 1 is saved.