SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Guest lance25

If I'm not mistaken (and please correct me if I'm wrong), the service change is in place due to the removal of the old signals on the Canarsie line, specifically the ones east of Broadway Junction. Hence the split service with the 24 minute wait times between Broadway Junction and Rockaway Pkwy.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a terrible morning commute was today. First 6th avenue, we were crawling between W4 and 47/50 sts, but at least moving. Then came 8th avenue at CPW, which got the crown. It took no more and no less than 30 minutes to get from Columbus circle to 135th. Apart from terrible signaling, we almost tripped and T.O. had to climb down and check. Still made it on time, time managemet FTW.

is it possible to make a canarsie exp in the underground parts by doing it like the Lex (4)(5) between Grand central and 125 st, under the (6) track

Unfortunately no, there are no extra "express" tracks and there were never any plans to have them.

If you mean adding express tracks by building some, then you can forget about it, it will never happen under any circumstances.

A healthy read

Operated for the first time brighton exp...sweet stuff...51 at newkirk n/b 46 a piece s/b at newkirk and sheepshead bay.

How fast can one come into Sheepshead Bay n/b? I've always said to myself: If the MTA wanted to test out the coil springs on a set, run the set between Brighton Beach and Sheepshead Bay n/b. The cars start to bounce dramatically and weird but unique sounds can be heard from the trucks. Has to be one of my favorite runs in the system.

Operated for the first time brighton exp...sweet stuff...51 at newkirk n/b 46 a piece s/b at newkirk and sheepshead bay.

How fast can one come into Sheepshead Bay n/b? I've always said to myself: If the MTA wanted to test out the coil springs on a set, run the set between Brighton Beach and Sheepshead Bay n/b. The cars start to bounce dramatically and weird but unique sounds can be heard from the trucks. Has to be one of my favorite runs in the system.

I hope you would operate the (:) more often, so far most of T.Os weren't that great speedwise. Hopefully I'll catch the right (:( sometime soon, afterall it is my home route.

I hope you would operate the (:) more often, so far most of T.Os weren't that great speedwise. Hopefully I'll catch the right (:( sometime soon, afterall it is my home route.

Can get over 35, speed limit is 30 due to curves inside the station. However, s/b speed limit is 45 and the bends are still there.

I hope you would operate the (:P more often, so far most of T.Os weren't that great speedwise. Hopefully I'll catch the right (;) sometime soon, afterall it is my home route.
There's speed limits at Sheepshead Bay and Kings Highway, I obey those too (which is why the T/O's are slowing down outside the station, and Kings Highway is a notorious radar gun spot with that 30 sitting on the entering signal n/b, no curve or nothing). Church and Newkirk there are no limits, and I operate accordingly. I'm on the (:( again tomorrow (Wed), I take the last one outa there (9:56 from Brighton).

Can get over 35, speed limit is 30 due to curves inside the station. However, s/b speed limit is 45 and the bends are still there.

I hope you would operate the (:P more often, so far most of T.Os weren't that great speedwise. Hopefully I'll catch the right (;) sometime soon, afterall it is my home route.
There's speed limits at Sheepshead Bay and Kings Highway, I obey those too (which is why the T/O's are slowing down outside the station, and Kings Highway is a notorious radar gun spot with that 30 sitting on the entering signal n/b, no curve or nothing). Church and Newkirk there are no limits, and I operate accordingly. I'm on the (:( again tomorrow (Wed), I take the last one outa there (9:56 from Brighton).

There's speed limits at Sheepshead Bay and Kings Highway, I obey those too (which is why the T/O's are slowing down outside the station, and Kings Highway is a notorious radar gun spot with that 30 sitting on the entering signal n/b, no curve or nothing). Church and Newkirk there are no limits, and I operate accordingly. I'm on the (:P again tomorrow (Wed), I take the last one outa there (9:56 from Brighton).

Radar gun, now that is something new (to me). I also realized that trains were slow due to presence of track and signal maintainers along the route. Is it true that there is less track maintenance during rush hours then during regular service?

About 9:56 run, by what time will it reach 59th St? Thanks :tup:

There's speed limits at Sheepshead Bay and Kings Highway, I obey those too (which is why the T/O's are slowing down outside the station, and Kings Highway is a notorious radar gun spot with that 30 sitting on the entering signal n/b, no curve or nothing). Church and Newkirk there are no limits, and I operate accordingly. I'm on the (:P again tomorrow (Wed), I take the last one outa there (9:56 from Brighton).

Radar gun, now that is something new (to me). I also realized that trains were slow due to presence of track and signal maintainers along the route. Is it true that there is less track maintenance during rush hours then during regular service?

Unless its an emergency, no track work in rush hours. That 956 should be up at 59 around 1030

Unless its an emergency, no track work in rush hours. That 956 should be up at 59 around 1030

There's speed limits at Sheepshead Bay and Kings Highway, I obey those too (which is why the T/O's are slowing down outside the station, and Kings Highway is a notorious radar gun spot with that 30 sitting on the entering signal n/b, no curve or nothing). Church and Newkirk there are no limits, and I operate accordingly. I'm on the (;) again tomorrow (Wed), I take the last one outa there (9:56 from Brighton).

Since you said it's the last (;) leaving from Brighton Beach, I assume it's heading to 145 Street. After you reach your destination, do you send it up to Concourse Yard lightly?

There's speed limits at Sheepshead Bay and Kings Highway, I obey those too (which is why the T/O's are slowing down outside the station, and Kings Highway is a notorious radar gun spot with that 30 sitting on the entering signal n/b, no curve or nothing). Church and Newkirk there are no limits, and I operate accordingly. I'm on the (;) again tomorrow (Wed), I take the last one outa there (9:56 from Brighton).

Since you said it's the last (;) leaving from Brighton Beach, I assume it's heading to 145 Street. After you reach your destination, do you send it up to Concourse Yard lightly?