SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Ik yall are going to scream at me but here is an idea what if a (V) was instated that went Kings HWY via Whitehall via Nassau via (M) via 6 ave local to 57 st/ 6ave (if its possible)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Why can't the (M) run it's new route during rush hours and run it's old route late nights/ early morning to Chambers...Brown (M). That way the Brown (M) can run faster instead of waiting so long during the late nights

But, the (V) can run its route during late nights/ morning/noon and maybe a (W) or so can comeback and run through the (R) sandy reroute

Edited by queenspapi

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can't the (M) run it's new route during rush hours and run it's old route late nights/ early morning to Chambers...Brown (M). That way the Brown (M) can run faster instead of waiting so long during the late nights

But, the (V) can run its route during late nights/ morning/noon and maybe a (W) or so can comeback and run through the (R) sandy reroute

NO!

The current M is a much better service than the V. Also, that is not necessary and would confuse riders.

The current M gets a lot more riders than the V, which is why the V in the straphangers campaigns' surveys would always be first in seat availability.

That would be way too confusing.

The demand from QBL riders is too great, also with the eastern BMT so since ridership is so high with the growing neighborhoods it serves and the convenient access it offer to midtown I don't think we will ever see the ( M ) via Montague ever again for a lifetime. Plus the moves that need to be made for a dual operation like that will be too costly let alone making it a T/D dispatching nightmare. Plus the fact that the Dekalb interlocking will be a mess.

How do we pronounce Montague anyway? Like this - MON-tag-gue ? Help me here my Brooklyn accent is horrible, lol.

Edited by realizm

No. That would require a total rebuilding.. 

Probably switch and signal upgrades. Theoretically, they could be prepping for a future rebuild, but I doubt it at this point. Rebuilding Rogers Junction won't do crap if they don't fix some of the issues at Utica and Flatbush. As I said yesterday, think of the Eastern Parkway line as a stream and Rogers, Utica, and Flatbush as culverts/pipes carring the stream under roads, with Rogers upstream of both Utica and Flatbush. You can increase the size of the Rogers pipe from 4 to 20 feet in diameter and nothing will improve if the Utica and Flatbush pipes remain 2 feet in diameter, as there is no room for the flow to increase.The underlying reasons for the congestion are south of Rogers. Transportation systems are effectively modeled as streams. Add as much capacity as you want elsewhere on the line, but one choke point will limit the capacity of the entire line.

The demand from QBL riders is too great, also with the eastern BMT so since ridership is so high with the growing neighborhoods it serves and the convenient access it offer to midtown I don't think we will ever see the ( M ) via Montague ever again for a lifetime. Plus the moves that need to be made for a dual operation like that will be too costly let alone making it a T/D dispatching nightmare. Plus the fact that the Dekalb interlocking will be a mess.

How do we pronounce Montague anyway? Like this - MON-tag-gue ? Help me here my Brooklyn accent is horrible, lol.

http://translate.google.com/#en/iw/montague

Even google translate can't pronounce it correctly!

This I think would be correct

http://translate.google.com/#en/iw/montahhue

So this morning while going to work (5 am), I was waiting for the (5) train at Rockaway Av ((4) isn't running anyway), and for some reason the train came in as a (4) signed to Dyre Av. Couldn't get a picture of it, by the time the train stopped, the conductor turned the signs off.

We get to Utica Av, and she finally signs it up as a (5) to Dyre. Kinda forgot it was making all stops tho

So this morning while going to work (5 am), I was waiting for the (5) train at Rockaway Av ( (4) isn't running anyway), and for some reason the train came in as a (4) signed to Dyre Av. Couldn't get a picture of it, by the time the train stopped, the conductor turned the signs off.

We get to Utica Av, and she finally signs it up as a (5) to Dyre. Kinda forgot it was making all stops tho

I guess she didn't feel like playing with the computers this morning. There is an option in the 142s for the 5 from New Lots to Dyre Av, but it's only express from Utica Av to 125 St. Rather than have to add all those local stops in the TOD, she chose the easy solution to go manual through Crown Heights and then turn on the AAS and program it as a 5 local from Utica to Dyre, which is an option on those old computers.

http://translate.google.com/#en/iw/montague

Even google translate can't pronounce it correctly!

This I think would be correct

http://translate.google.com/#en/iw/montahhue

http://translate.google.com/#fr/en/MONTAGUE

Approximate the sound with terrible American pronunciation of everything foreign, et voilà!

Edited by CenSin

On the weekends what happens to Jamaica's R46's because I don't see many on the (R) and none on the (F)? What I find interesting is that Jamaica's R160's are stored in the stations and tunnels after Forest Hills towards Jamaica. However I don't see R46's stored up in the tunnels and the yard has it usual amount of R46 and R160's stored. So do the R46's get stored at CI yard and the (R) uses the R160's from CI?

On the Manhattan bound express track between north of union turnpike and 75th ave (nights only) they lay up some (R) trains

Weekends and every night on the Jamaica express tracks between 75th and union those are (E) lay up tracks

Between supthin and parsons those are ®'s that get layed up and turned into (F)'s the very next weekday

On the Manhattan bound exp track between 169-parsons that's where the (M) is layed up

Its basically a cycle and the (R) still uses Jamaica equipment on the weekends