SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

It'll run it's normal route to Broad St, merge with the R and make R stops until after DeKalb, where it'll run on the B/Q to Prospect Park.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

So basically run via the (M) x like going to Bay Pkwy? Edited by Priincenene

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are not alone on that. Maybe it's the repetitiveness combined with the verbose nature of the announcements.

@YankeesPwnMets: That's not really all that surprising, given that she's done various recordings for several different transit systems and airports around the world. Check out this piece from the New York Times for more.

Thats the reason why I don't like those canned announcements.

How old are those punch boxes at 59th St? Set up for the (K) train and everything...

Thats a good question, I'm not sure either. The cases housing it @ 59th Street looks sort of modern, but the technology itself that runs the punch boxes may be antiquated. 

I am thinking of this however: Remember the relay room fire at Chambers Street in 2005? The technology in that room and therefore much of the block signaling technology dates back to at least 1932, untouched! (Save for the installation of the timers recently).

However according to the pending 2015-2019 capital budget that might be subject to change, as CBTC installation on the IND 8th Ave Line may be included.

Edited by realizm

Saturday i saw an R160 set Wrap in You Tube Display...Pretty Cool but to me it also looks like the train was Bombed....Lol

Saw it, posted it here: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/44782-the-weekender-bmt-eastern-division-go/?p=767056

Never saw it coming until yesterday.

IMG_7233_zps4e357f2e.jpg

IMG_7236_zps8b8a1b0b.jpg

Edited by realizm

Saturday i saw an R160 set Wrap in You Tube Display...Pretty Cool but to me it also looks like the train was Bombed....Lol

I've seen that train 5 times in the last week. I don't know how i managed to catch it without trying.

Caught an R32 on the (J) today after school, at the north side of Norwood Avenue. RFW'ed it in both directions on the entirety of the (J) route right before it get taken out of service at Jamaica Center. Then I left to go home.

Speaking of which got this SMEE on the bridge this was also Sunday:

IMG_7287_zpsbb4bf175.jpg

That was the only R42 set running on the (J) .

(That day)

Caught an R32 on the (J) today after school, at the north side of Norwood Avenue. RFW'ed it in both directions on the entirety of the (J) route right before it get taken out of service at Jamaica Center. Then I left to go home.

I was on that same train, it always get taken OOS at that time, it runs in the same interval all the time

Even though I regularly ride the (3), (4) and (A) / (C), I have ridden the (J) a couple of times too, especially when that R32 swap occurred. The R42s are my third favorite car in the system. I have no interest in any NTT in the fleet.

Nearly every of those remaining 6 trainsets of R42s are out during rush hour, a set or two during middays and weekends (and occasionally at night).

I remember  back in January or February on a weekday, I caught 3 R42s and 1 R32 on the (J) back to back after the p.m rush. It depends whether they need the R42s/R32s or not. Last two weekends ago on a Saturday, I came down to the lower level of Jamaica Center and see a 5 p.m put in R42 from the back of Jamaica Center and I saw two other R42s that day.

Can the (N) ever be rerouted via the (F) or (E) Queens Blvd Line?

Well the problem lies in the original reason why the (N) and (R) swapped terminals back in the past decades: This was because of the fact that the (R) had no direct access to a yard. With the current arrangement, the (R) has access to Jamaica yard unlike before when it ran to Astoria. The (N) even though it once upon a time ran to Forst Hills always had access to CI Yard.