SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprisingly,

and also I thought that the R46s only ran on the Q immediately after 9/11 but then I saw this

<pic removed>

Line: IND 63rd Street

Route: Q

Car: R-46 (Pullman-Standard, 1974-75) 

Photo by: Mark S. Feinman

Date: 1989

It may have been a loaner from Jamaica during the 32s' overhaul.

I noticed that the SMEEs run often more on the (J) during the summer.

Yeah, about half of the remaining 28 8-car trains of R32s assigned to 207 are running in (J) service, despite what the car sheet says (as usual). The swap between the (C) and (J) is most likely the same as last year, with the former being a mixed fleet of both SMEEs and NTTs, and the latter being mostly SMEEs with fewer NTTs.

Great day, rode my first R188 7848-7859; saw it four times today.  I saw 5 rollsigns wih 34 St Hudson Terminal on them, two in the same car. One of them I saw twice it had an S bullet. I saw several trains multiple times. I saw the Seinfeld train 3 times and rode it the third time. I took the R188 to Main St and got off. Between 103 St and 111 St I saw the TOMC on the high elevated tracks toward Manhattan and I was like dratts. I pointed out to someone with a Cannon Digital camera that across the platform there was an R62A with the Hudson yards rollsign, I have a feeling that that person may be on the forums but not sure. Then I went into the car and on one of the Rollsigns it said 5 Dyre Av 34 St Hudson Yards, in order for that there would have to be a lot of switching and wrong railing; it had another rollsign in the car with Hudson Yards. Took it to Willets Point went to middle platform. Then I waited an hour and change and got the train. Before that I saw several sets of R62As and saw many of them two and three times. Took the train to QBP. Took tons of pics. Took 7 Seinfeld train to 111 St, went to Worlds Fair celebration went back to 111th and went home.

I some differences among the rollsigns

Some had Main St and Flushing same line, some seperate, some didn't say Queens. In one car it was set up for the four train with the J in Jerome Av in adzikenz, get ready for a photo thread.

Great day, rode my first R188 7848-7859; saw it four times today.  I saw 5 rollsigns wih 34 St Hudson Terminal on them, two in the same car. One of them I saw twice it had an S bullet. I saw several trains multiple times. I saw the Seinfeld train 3 times and rode it the third time. I took the R188 to Main St and got off. Between 103 St and 111 St I saw the TOMC on the high elevated tracks toward Manhattan and I was like dratts. I pointed out to someone with a Cannon Digital camera that across the platform there was an R62A with the Hudson yards rollsign, I have a feeling that that person may be on the forums but not sure. Then I went into the car and on one of the Rollsigns it said 5 Dyre Av 34 St Hudson Yards, in order for that there would have to be a lot of switching and wrong railing; it had another rollsign in the car with Hudson Yards. Took it to Willets Point went to middle platform. Then I waited an hour and change and got the train. Before that I saw several sets of R62As and saw many of them two and three times. Took the train to QBP. Took tons of pics. Took 7 Seinfeld train to 111 St, went to Worlds Fair celebration went back to 111th and went home.

I some differences among the rollsigns

Some had Main St and Flushing same line, some seperate, some didn't say Queens. In one car it was set up for the four train with the J in Jerome Av in adzikenz, get ready for a photo thread.

I saw a rollsign on R62A 2130...

(11)  Main Street- Flushing

Queens

34 Street- Hudson Yards

Manhattan.

Total 'WTF'?

Queens

34 Street- Hudson Yards

Manhattan.

Total 'WTF'?

I saw an 11 as well, no time to get my camera and take pic unfortunately.

Queens

34 Street- Hudson Yards

Manhattan.

Total 'WTF'?

Wow now thats something you dont see everyday.

Blast to the future? lol.

Speaking of 34th st-Hudson Yards, according to an MTA board presentation the station will have the system's first inclined elevator (think an elevator cab that runs up and down am escalator like track). Interesting.

Luxor Hotel have those type. Nothing to brag about except gravity move sideway.