SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An R68A is scheduled to go in service beginning with the 1853 out of 207 tonight.

It isn't my train, so if you want to ride and act like 4 year olds or holligans, be my guest.....

LOL

Dying... dude you got jokes.

Anyway this is exciting news. I cant even recall the last time we ever had R68s running on the A. Never.

Edited by realizm

Decided to do some late night railfaning home from work tonight. I started by taking the (E) from Sutphin, transferred to the (6) at Lex-53rd, and then took the (J) home from Chambers St.

Thats like me on the lst night of th BMT Broadway fastrack and the Q via 6th Ave. Practically broke dawn for the photo set. If i can do it, next time I railfan late night its for the 4th Ave Line fastrack, we will have the N over the West End line late nights. Thats meh in one week. If I can do it unsure. I have a pending IT helpdesk contract waiting for me and guess what, overnights in the IT depatment. Well the pays good... real good...

2 things at the Brighton Line today:

1) There is a 68A on the (Q) today

2) The (B) has a train of R68 and 68A coupled together. How is it possible?? (cars.2832-2835 with 5069-5072)

Edited by Calvin

2) The (B) has a train of R68 and 68A coupled together. How is it possible?? (cars.2832-2835 with 5069-5072)

If I'm not mistaken... I think the 68-68A set is the set on the (A)? Please by all means correct me if I'm wrong... But I'm pretty sure it is. Anyways, I have no clue how they would do that. Just like 142/142A and 160 Alstom/160 Siemens might seem impossible, both of those have been done before. 

Was 175th ever a terminal? I've seen it on a couple of R32's.

Saw that today when I was along the CPW line. 

Edited by lupojohn

Is there really an R68a (N) train once in a while? I've heard that there is. And if there is, is it the same that goes with the (Q) ?

There's been one on the (N) almost every day now. There was one day where there was at least one R68 and one R68A at the same time. Today there's one on the (Q) .

Will that be on the (Q) every day or just for today?

I don't know anything for the future, except that there was one out there today. The way they've been popping up though it's been more frequency.

Edited by GojiMet86

Hmm, what about the (R) train's R46s? Is that considered once in a while, because Wikipedia says that.

Yes, I'm aware that Wikipedia is not a reliable source.

And one other question. When the (T) goes to Hanover Square, I think I saw it on the map approaching it SW. To get to Brooklyn, you need to go East, so how is the (T) gonna go to Brooklyn right from there?

Edited by SevenEleven

That R68A (Q) is still out there, it's at Queensboro or Lex by now heading to Coney Island.

I saw that train laid up in Stillwell Yard earlier tonight. Man, these R68As are EVERYWHERE this pick.

Did anyone happen to catch the 4 car R68-4 car R68A set this morning on the (B) ? If that were to end up on the (A) , I don't think some of you would be able to survive that.

IMG_8173_zps66841ef7.jpg

Taken today by yours truly. Also posted in subway photos in videos with more footage. Was spotted approx after 5PM in my side of town.

Edited by realizm

I saw that train laid up in Stillwell Yard earlier tonight. Man, these R68As are EVERYWHERE this pick.

Did anyone happen to catch the 4 car R68-4 car R68A set this morning on the (B) ? If that were to end up on the (A) , I don't think some of you would be able to survive that.

I caught it twice along Central Park West. Would you happen to know if the R68/A will remain on the (Q) or was that a one time thing?

Edited by lupojohn

And yes, I know some of you will take this rumor alone as enough reason to stand all night on the platform waiting for it. I can tell you one thing - EXPECT to see an R68A on the upper broadway line around 9:45AM tomorrow morning.

Saw it at 175th signed up as a (B) heading to 207th. 5112 was the lead car.