SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the peak (2) go to New Lots Ave, or Crown Heights? Also what time to they run? In addition, do they use the express tracks after Franklin Ave or the local? Is it the same for the (5)?

The (2) goes to New Lots Avenue, via Local. The (5)'s go to either Utica Avenue or New Lots Avenue, via Express.

I think (1) trains are slower than every other one in the system....

I guess that means the (Z) is the fastest :P

There seemed to be a delay on Manhattan bound side of the 59 St tube. I was on my bike coming on the bridge, and I was seeing manhattan bound (N)(Q)'s backed up from entry point of the tunnel all the way to 36 Av.

Probably signal problems, seems like almost every time I go thru the 59 St tube there are signal problems.

I guess that means the (Z) is the fastest :P

There seemed to be a delay on Manhattan bound side of the 59 St tube. I was on my bike coming on the bridge, and I was seeing manhattan bound (N)(Q)'s backed up from entry point of the tunnel all the way to 36 Av.

Probably signal problems, seems like almost every time I go thru the 59 St tube there are signal problems.

The (Z) is in no way the fastest, despite the pun. ;)

I'd probably pick the (A) or (E).

is anyone missing the (W) line?

I don't miss the most recent one, but the old one, yes. (Q)<Q>(W) Express, (N)(R) Local. I live at Cortelyou, and I never really liked to play it easy to get home from my Aunt's work on Union Square. I always took the (W) to Pacific St for the <Q> to Church Av, then the (Q) to Cortelyou. Or just the <Q> to Church Av, and then home with the (Q). I loved the <Q> so much because of those R40Ss, and on the weekend, sometimes the (Q) had them. I saw one on the (R) once at Whitehall St one weekend when the (Q) was rerouted. I can always remember this distinct moment looking up from the (Q) near DeKalb and seeing the back of the (W), and another moment looking down form the (W) and seeing the back of the (Q).

Edited by trainguy97

It may not be NYC subway related, but it is subway related.

anyways, the other day on my 5th trip to philly I was on the Market-Frankford line going from 15 St to 30 St. Whoever the T/O was, it seemed like he didn't slow down for any of the timers! flew right thru the stations, especially going under the river, must have been doing 55.

anybody miss the Market-Frankford El cars (budd M3 cars, or aka Almond Joy cars)? saw some vids of it on YT, I liked the one of the fantrip.

credits to trainluvr on YT.

Ok, ok, I know this is going way out there, and there are hundreds of reasons why it should be shot down, but how about, in order to not have to deal with the NIMBYs that block Astoria, and LGA, it goes through Rikers?

Ok, ok, I know this is going way out there, and there are hundreds of reasons why it should be shot down, but how about, in order to not have to deal with the NIMBYs that block Astoria, and LGA, it goes through Rikers?

That'd turn the Astoria line into the most dangerous subway line, even if it didn't stop there. Someone in the prison would find a way down there. Maybe some one does a Dufresne with the pipes.

Edited by GojiMet86