SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the (C) and (J) should have their announcements updated to indicate that they connect to the B15

Why? If riders want to take a bus to JFK Airport and avoid the $5 fare for the AirTrain, they'd be better off taking the Q10 from Lefferts Blvd on the A or 121 St on the J.

Lol x2. You should see what's living at Jerome-Anderson Ave station.

I remember this week I saw a G.O that brought back the yellow (B) to 7th Ave. Is this G.O still active?

Probably...nothing special, just 2 (B) trains in the morning that go to 57 St/7 Av...you're more or less riding the old <Q>

Lol x2. You should see what's living at Jerome-Anderson Ave station.

I remember this week I saw a G.O that brought back the yellow (B) to 7th Ave. Is this G.O still active?

It's in effect through the end of the month.

On a different note, the MTA is releasing government secrets. Well, not really, but they are finally acknowledging that people are tired of having odd amounts left on their MetroCard. They've decided to get in the game of calculating the amount one needs to put on their MC to leave them with no remaining balance.

http://enterprise.mtanyct.info/MetroCardCalculator/

I didn't make a new thread on this because everyone and their mother already has their own website/app/what-have-you that does the same thing now they use for the calculations. Per usual, the MTA is always tardy to the party.

Edited by Lance

You press the red down arrow if you don't agree or like what a post says.

No. That's exactly why it was removed: People were misusing it like that.

You downvote a post if and only if it is spam and/or contributes nothing to the topic being discussed.

Um, do the R160 sets on the (L) have CBTC? If so, HOW? I thought R143's were the only ones that had hardware to support CBTC.

Only 8313-8376 have CBTC installed. Those are the only ones you would find on the (L).

The R160s in general (and all cars after that), are built CBTC ready, all they have to do is install it.

Um, did somebody re-add the negative feedback button on the site?

Aww hell yeah. Wallyhorse, I DARE you to mention the pols one more time.

Oh, thank you for clarifying that.

Does anyone know what happened to the R143 set that overshot the bumper in Canarsie Yard?

It's in the north end of 207 yard and will feed spare parts for the other sets.

Aww hell yeah. Wallyhorse, I DARE you to mention the pols one more time.

It's in the north end of 207 yard and will feed spare parts for the other sets.

What, why!? It was only the first car that was damaged, can't the MTA just order a new R143 A-Car and connect it with the rest of the set?