SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't give me negative feedback on this, but aren't there 2 A- cars in between that R143 set?

All R143s in service are in A-B-B-A sets. The A car involved in the bumper incident was damaged and is not going to see service anytime soon unless they decide to repair it. (Which should of been done years ago is the MTA was to repair it)

Saw the same garbage train thrice today. I took bad phone pics of it at QP on the Queens bound track, the garbage train left, my (E) came and ran slowly and at Roosevelt there was the garbage train. I saw in the third time at CTL on the manhattan bound track.

The reason why I didn't have my camera was because my dad was borrowing it.

On the (7) it was interesting to listen to some tourists' conversation on the subway.

One of the kids made a really stupid comment. Does the same person operating the train do it at all times?

Saw the same garbage train thrice today. I took bad phone pics of it at QP on the Queens bound track, the garbage train left, my (E) came and ran slowly and at Roosevelt there was the garbage train. I saw in the third time at CTL on the manhattan bound track.

The reason why I didn't have my camera was because my dad was borrowing it.

On the (7) it was interesting to listen to some tourists' conversation on the subway.

One of the kids made a really stupid comment. Does the same person operating the train do it at all times?

LMAO!

Just wondering: every few years or so I've always seen an R-46 pop up on the (E), usually during rush hour. Anyone know if this still happens?

I don't think it happens anymore since there are only enough R46s for service on the (R) and some of the (F) (or half and half on both lines if anyone wants to be like "but the (R) operates R160s as well")

I don't think it happens anymore since there are only enough R46s for service on the (R) and some of the (F) (or half and half on both lines if anyone wants to be like "but the (R) operates R160s as well")

I remember riding a R46 on the (E) years ago. I only rode it like 2 or 3 times and I was hoping to see more of them but that was way before the R160 showed up on that line. It was very very rare to see an R46 on the (E) since it was full with R32s.

Nope, (E) is 100% R160

I haven't seen any R160s on the (R) in a while (or any 68s on the (N) ), but they aren't PROHIBITED from operating there.

I believe that the R160s make up about 15% of the (R) (usually random), and there is one or two R68s on the (N) that come out at scheduled times.

Real Talk Your right...I remember that i think it lasted a couple of wkends tho...But i was shocked to see up and down the line was an R46 on the  (E)

What was it about? Unfortunately I just moved from Astoria to Flushing/Forest Hills that time and didn't know about the Q64 to Forest Hills. Plus, I rarely rode the subway.

I put this in the transit group on Facebook and will put this on here now. Yep so in case if anyone notices why the (F) Train is mostly R160s and the (R) almost entirely R46s is because they're switching assignments around making the R 100% R46s by the weekend according to a reliable source due to the R160s causing vibrations south of 59th Street in Brooklyn making it a safety issue. Just wanted to give a heads up