SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=739129089518396&pnref=story

The link above might not work, but just as a southbound (C) train entered Nostrand Av, a track fire went off for a bit and the train came to a stop (either by the operator or the emergency brakes). A rollsign box was said to be on the tracks at the time, but nobody knows who was responsible. The video was taken by someone else just yesterday.

Edited by RollOver

Why would a rollsign box be on the tracks?!?

Someone dropped it there?

Track fires happen like 300 times a year (MTA had an PSA on the subway cars saying this) any type of debris on the roadbed could have caused that track fire. People having rollsign boxes is so rare that I doubt someone dropped it there with the intent to troll, probably was something else.

The vandal who filmed this is obviously the same one who pulled the box off of an A train and threw it down there. Youtube and Facebook are law enforcement's best friend. I hope he goes does for terrorism charges for trying to blow up a train this time so that they'll throw away the key.

The vandal who filmed this is obviously the same one who pulled the box off of an A train and threw it down there. Youtube and Facebook are law enforcement's best friend. I hope he goes does for terrorism charges for trying to blow up a train this time so that they'll throw away the key.

And he claimed he didn't do it. If that's the case, then why didn't he go to the Booth clerk to warn them so they can tell the T/O not to go through? I really think he did that on purpose so he wouldn't get in trouble

Came up on my youtube feed (more info) apparently it was the idiot from earlier in the year...

https://youtu.be/GGvvliPRqZ8

The kid will certainly get what's coming to him. The T/O could have have been killed in that track fire. Who knows what could have happen and it's just unsafe.

WTF?!?!?!

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the video was the Metro-North incident from a few months ago, and about a handful of people were killed in that incident. If this was indeed intentional, I'm 99% sure that's a felony and the person who did that should be prosecuted accordingly.

WTF?!?!?!

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the video was the Metro-North incident from a few months ago, and about a handful of people were killed in that incident. If this was indeed intentional, I'm 99% sure that's a felony and the person who did that should be prosecuted accordingly.

That incident should be considered an attempted terrorist attack, based off of looking at the FBI's definition of such. 

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/terrorism/terrorism-definition

I'm so glad no one was injured in that incident, my heart almost stopped while watching the video. It's more frustrating that the person filming did nothing about it, just stood there and let it happen. There is a reason those "If you see something, say something" announcements are made at stations and onboard trains.

Edited by DJ MC

Because the person filming it was the vandal scum who CAUSED it. Who goes railfanning at 8:15AM on a Thursday and just coincidentally catches something like that unless they already knew what was happening? 

Thanks for getting me up to speed on who filmed it.

And the incident made itself into the News

Yep, Daniel I just saw it now. 

http://gothamist.com/2015/04/05/video_teens_allegedly_cause_subway.php

These kids are beyond retarded for all the dumb shit they have been doing in the subway. Even a couple of weeks back, three idiotic kids surfed onto the back of an uptown (3) train (not the (2) train, as the News incorrectly said) at 96 St when it began leaving the station.

I got a bit lucky coming home from a night of partying...

Took the (7) (which I didn't have wait long for) from Times Square to Grand Central and when I transferred, a downtown (4) had just arrived. That ended up going express to Brooklyn Bridge which helped make my connection to the (J).

Edited by S78 via Hylan