SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Was there some kind of delay on the Lex Line today?

I saw several (5) trains today using cars from the (4), going to E 180 St. But these trains seemed to be extra trains, in addition to the normal trains going to Dyre Av. I saw one of them running local. I was on a (4) train that terminated at Bowling Green (countdown clock said it was terminating at Wall St though, the actual train itself was signed up as running to Brooklyn Bridge), that  (4) train left Bowling Green and came back on the uptown track as a (5). That (4) didn't actually spend any time fumigating at Bowling Green; it left almost right away... there were still some passengers on the train as it left to go to the loop! 

Edited by Mysterious2train

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw several (5) trains today using cars from the (4), going to E 180 St. But these trains seemed to be extra trains, in addition to the normal trains going to Dyre Av. I saw one of them running local. I was on a (4) train that terminated at Bowling Green (countdown clock said it was terminating at Wall St though, the actual train itself was signed up as running to Brooklyn Bridge), that  (4) train left Bowling Green and came back on the uptown track as a (5). That (4) didn't actually spend any time fumigating at Bowling Green; it left almost right away... there were still some passengers on the train as it left to go to the loop! 

For the (4) short turning I would say for extra service for the Yankee Games. They run from 161st St to Bowling Green or BB usually. It's no different than the (D) because they short turn trains at WTC or LES-2nd Av.

Those were Yankee specials (at least going downtown, heading back uptown I have no idea what they were doing sending those trains to E180...)

How do you feel.. Corona Yard is taking care better Westchester Yard R142A ex: #7211 - #7390.. I am asking because .. There is no complain that Corona Yard cannot handle Westchester Yard R142A.. I rode R188 conversion #7200 series on (7).. The #7200 series look way cleaner.. Corona Yard can take care of R142A/R188 well.. I hope this summer Westchester Yard can take care better R62A. Saying because I hope there is no complain A/C is not working .. Why or why not.. Just asking..

The station rehabilitation of Zerega Avenue , Buhre Avenue of (6) is almost completed.. I hope they can re-open soon. If they can finally do last stage station rehabilitation at Westchester Square - East Tremont Avenue. I can tell the last stage of Westchester Square - East Tremont Avenue station set to be rehabilitated beginning October of 2015... What kind of traffic of the station will it effect and it closure don't know. Same thing as usually free shuttle bus run between Westchester Square to Parkchester East 177 Street.. Starting October 2015 it too late..

How come the r-142's number plate 6301-6310, 6311-6313, and 6326-6327 have different font than the rest of the cars?

R-142 6301-6310 is the 1st set built which is a 1999 model and has original font. You'll see very few subway cars like that around the system with different fonts on their number boards. I believe there is a R-68, and R-32 pair around.

R-142 6301-6310 is the 1st set built which is a 1999 model and has original font. You'll see very few subway cars like that around the system with different fonts on their number boards. I believe there is a R-68, and R-32 pair around.

That R68 car is 2755 and its only on one side. The R32 car was 3348 and that been retired

If only the subway extended outward to different sections of Queens. By looking at the (F) line along Hillside Ave it looks as if the line was originally suppose to have an express and local service along the line. If the funding was there at the time could of had an extension outward towards Nassau.

A lot of people say the Bronx and Brooklyn have it bad but it doesn't look that bad at all. At least the lines are spread out across the Bronx and Brooklyn is covered pretty nicely. Queens had so much potential for a better subway back when they could have still done something back in the 1950's and 1960's but now with all the buildings and stuff that opportunity is long gone. With SBS coming to Woodhaven that old LIRR line is going to lay and rot away.

Only r-68 2755 has a different font than the others

I have seen that and it caught me off guard.

I seen a sign saying that they will close some (3) train stations to New Lots -Utica for overhaul next hope mine isnt ext pennsylvania it a heavy use station

Where and what specifically?

If only the subway extended outward to different sections of Queens. By looking at the (F) line along Hillside Ave it looks as if the line was originally suppose to have an express and local service along the line. If the funding was there at the time could of had an extension outward towards Nassau.

A lot of people say the Bronx and Brooklyn have it bad but it doesn't look that bad at all. At least the lines are spread out across the Bronx and Brooklyn is covered pretty nicely. Queens had so much potential for a better subway back when they could have still done something back in the 1950's and 1960's but now with all the buildings and stuff that opportunity is long gone. With SBS coming to Woodhaven that old LIRR line is going to lay and rot away.

For the exception of 3 Avenue and Utica Avenue, I think that the Bronx and Brooklyn are pretty well covered. Queens definitely need better subway coverage, it's lacking. I prefer the old LIRR to be restored over the SBS route.