SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

The mariachi band on the (7) is awesome :cool:

Been to the abandoned South Ferry Loops (both) and original City Hall by staying on trains (not really effective during rush hours 'cause people will stare at you (Run away)

Record of taking about 15-20 lines in one single day (Mostly NTT's, blah.)

Don't use regular metrocard much. Always sneak in with student one.

What does the Inner loop at South Ferry look like.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well thank you t/o for giving me something to watch. I was just now staring outside my bedroom window (yeah I know, I'm bored) when I saw a t/o rushing into Cypress Hills Manhattan bd around thirty-five mph. Now the timer in that station clears around ten mph. Dude tried to brake in time - nope he got his ass tripped. Dude came in so hard that the foundation of my house started shaking, thou it never shakes when trains leave Jamaica bd.

What does the Inner loop at South Ferry look like.

Well, it's not really visible much . However, it looks all dark and dusty. Where the doors for exit (for the train ) are supposed to be are these doorway thingies. It's also much smaller than the Outer Loop. Best advice I can give you is nycsubway.org

While at 59 St earlier waiting for the (A) train, the announcement said that the next local train is arriving so I started to walk to the platform edge. When I got there, the (A) train didn't come; instead the garbage train did.

And here's a little something I did 2 days ago. Didn't wanna make a new thread about it on the other side of the board for 1 measly pic...

IMG00331-20110422-1527.jpg

How does this make sense at all?

I think the R160s might be updated one-by-one. I don't know.

For example, after hearing that the R160s were updated with a new program for the (E) to 34th St-Hearld Square, I was really disappointed to get on a 34th St train that said it was going to 2nd Ave.

I did see an (E) train that was set up to 34th St.... just not my train.

I'm suprised there's wasn't really a mention of the trouble on the Brooklyn IRT back on Wednesay. A switch malfunction all morning long! Manhattan-bound (2) and (5) running local to Atlantic while the (3) and (4) were express XD

Also, I hate how sometimes at Franklin Ave a Flatbush-bound (5) will arrive first and be held in the station with the holding lights so that a (2) and come a minute later, leave, and get to Flatbush first.

I mean, is it really so important to keep a steady pattern of (2) and (5) trains

considering you can just swap trains at Flatbush already?

I mean instead of letting the (5) proceed right away and the (2) gets delayed for a minute or so, now the (5) gets delayed by 3 or 4 minutes (with (4) trains behind it) while the (2) gets to proceed once it arrives at Franklin Ave.

I could understand if it just happens when 7th Ave is delayed but it actually happens occasionally now. :confused:

the Norwood G.O. for the (D) on Tuesday never happened! :(

(D) trains were supposed to run in 2 sections:

Norwood-205 St - to - Bedford Pk. Blvd

Bedford Pk. Blvd - to - Coney Island

I got there at 1:30 and everything was running normal. I guess the (MTA) website lied.

But the Avenue X (F) G.O. did happen, I got some announcements.

Ewww Someone peed at the 149 Street GC station

Can someone get electricuted if they peed on the tracks?

People piss in the subway daily. If their urine comes in contact with the live rail (otherwise known as the third rail which carrys electricity) as he/she is urinating, it's game over for that person.

People piss in the subway daily. If their urine comes in contact with the live rail (otherwise known as the third rail which carrys electricity) as he/she is urinating, it's game over for that person.

Thats not true. Urine doesn't come out in a straight form, when it leaves your body the droplets seperate so its not possible. If anybody ever watched mythbusters, you'd know what im talking about.

I think that might be the episode, not sure ^^.

the Norwood G.O. for the (D) on Tuesday never happened! :P

(D) trains were supposed to run in 2 sections:

Norwood-205 St - to - Bedford Pk. Blvd

Bedford Pk. Blvd - to - Coney Island

I got there at 1:30 and everything was running normal. I guess the (MTA) website lied.

But the Avenue X (F) G.O. did happen, I got some announcements.

Awwwww, too bad :(

The kid speaks the truth. It has to be in a constant stream for you to start cooking.

I seen that episode of Mythbusters...one of my favorites

With the Exception of West 4 Street and Bronx Park East (2)(5)

I hate stations named after a street but theres no exit to that street

For Example

Hewes St (J)(M) has no exit to Hewes St only to Hooper St

Shouldn't the station be called Hopper St

Same with Chauncey St (J)(Z)

Lafeyette Av (C)

and a few others

Guest lance25

For Example

Lafeyette Av (C)

and a few others

When the stations were opened, there probably was an exit on the street they're named for. The (MTA) (and its predecessors) closed those exits as the years went on, whether for lack of use, perceived security risk or something else.

For Example

Lafeyette Av (C)

and a few others

Hell, even West 4 St doesn't have an exit to West 4 St. Its on West 3 or West 6 Sts. Here's more (that I can think of)...

163 St-Amsterdam Av (C) (exit on 161 St)

Gates Av (J)

your depot got NGs. Awwwww, too bad :P

That doesn't bother me no more :P

Earlier today on the (3) I saw the surviving set of the Union Sq wreck (1431-2-3-4-8) coupled to the next set cars over (1441-1445) so the consist went like this...

(N)1431-32-33-34-38-41-42-43-44-45(S)

Technically in order

Isn't the closest one near the 42nd Street Shuttle with an extremely small and cramped HEET entrance?

That is true but that entrance is more like on 43 St instead.