SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

< Tried the subways yesterday to get to Trainworld in Brooklyn and it was a nightmare. >

You'd have had a much easier time getting to sister store Trainland out in Lynbrook. And there are more nice diners out there to have lunch.

I had just got off work in Dover, NJ and got into NY at 3:30pm. Didn't want to chance late departures out of Penn Station so I thought I'd make it quick if I went to the Brooklyn Store

Next week is going to be hell on the weekend. You got the (Q) running in 4 different sections, you got (A)'s running local, you got all QBL trains running local...jeez whats next no (7) trains at all?

What are you talking about? The (Q) is only being split into two sections and the (A) isn't running local (Except for the late nights obviously).

Edited by Daniel The Cool

I've been commuting to school on the subway for about 8 months now, and I've noticed, strangely, that I actually enjoy the sound of flat spots on the train, but only if it's a soft, quiet rhythmic sound like on the R68s. The loud, obnixous BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG and the obvious, feelable thumps on R160s aren't too pleasant.

The quiet flatspot kind of reminds me of a steam locomotive, and since it's a quiet background noise I find it helps me relax and study/do my work on the train.

I've been commuting to school on the subway for about 8 months now, and I've noticed, strangely, that I actually enjoy the sound of flat spots on the train, but only if it's a soft, quiet rhythmic sound like on the R68s. The loud, obnixous BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG and the obvious, feelable thumps on R160s aren't too pleasant.

The quiet flatspot kind of reminds me of a steam locomotive, and since it's a quiet background noise I find it helps me relax and study/do my work on the train.

The sound is deafening when a train with flats goes by on an El Structure.

Looks like the new signals on the Manhattan bound express track at Roosevelt Ave station are activated. Are those timers? They are red, and when a train is close to the station, a white 20 appears briefly then all the signals on the platform go to yellow. Before that, the platform signals were green or yellow by default

Looks like the new signals on the Manhattan bound express track at Roosevelt Ave station are activated. Are those timers? They are red, and when a train is close to the station, a white 20 appears briefly then all the signals on the platform go to yellow. Before that, the platform signals were green or yellow by default

Station timer

Rode an R46 with an unlocked end door today, my friends opened it for the fun of it. I notified the conductor about the door when I left the train.

Also, why do R62s have that stupid latch on the end door that causes it to bounce back 5 times before closing?

Edited by B3 Via Av U

Rode an R46 with an unlocked end door today, my friends opened it for the fun of it. I notified the conductor about the door when I left the train.

Also, why do R62s have that stupid latch on the end door that causes it to bounce back 5 times before closing?

This is the second time I'm hearing of an unlocked cab door. Wonder what's going on....

The MTA decided that all shuttles would receive the (S) designation, rather than the former (H) that was in place for the Rockaway Park shuttle. When the (A) switched its full time terminals from Lefferts Blvd to Far Rockaway, which occurred on 26 October, 1992, the Rockaway Park shuttle was cut back from Euclid Av to its present terminus at Broad Channel.

The MTA decided that all shuttles would receive the (S) designation, rather than the former (H) that was in place for the Rockaway Park shuttle. When the (A) switched its full time terminals from Lefferts Blvd to Far Rockaway, which occurred on 26 October, 1992, the Rockaway Park shuttle was cut back from Euclid Av to its present terminus at Broad Channel.

I thought October 23, 1992 was the day the 20px-NYCS-bull-trans-C.svg.png was cut from Rockaway Park. I was asking what year and day the  (H) sign was discontinued on public subway signs because wiki and other sources say it was 1993 or 1994. I thought the Rush Hour Rockaway Park  (A) and full time  (A) service into Far Rockaway went into effect in early 1993. Why did the MTA decide that  (H) would be turned into 20px-NYCS-bull-trans-S.svg.png?