SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been trying to search for that ultimate fantasy map someone posted a long time ago.  It was basically a line through every other square mile of the five boroughs, including something crazy from the West Side to Staten Island.  It's the only fantasy map I will take seriously.

5379059959_fec259a256_b.jpg

Now that's what I call a fantasy map.  :lol: Thanks for finding that UT.

Shifting gears, is there any reason why the FINDs on the 160s on the (M) have been turned off as of late? For the past two weeks or so, I've noticed they've been set for "please listen to train crew announcements" for every (M) train I've been on. I'm not sure if this is the case for the (J) and (L) lines as I do not ride those lines, but I have noticed it isn't an issue on the Jamaica sets as the FINDs on every (E) and (F) train I've caught are working fine.

Now that's what I call a fantasy map.  :lol: Thanks for finding that UT.

Shifting gears, is there any reason why the FINDs on the 160s on the (M) have been turned off as of late? For the past two weeks or so, I've noticed they've been set for "please listen to train crew announcements" for every (M) train I've been on. I'm not sure if this is the case for the (J) and (L) lines as I do not ride those lines, but I have noticed it isn't an issue on the Jamaica sets as the FINDs on every (E) and (F) train I've caught are working fine.

your welcome.

Just out of curiosity, how long do it take for a prototype train to go through non-revenue testing? How long until the 30 day test?

If the prototype R179s come in around fourth of July would they be in service by October?

I was only 7 when the first R160's appeared so I don't remember that part...

Does anyone remember when the MTA started removing the left door handle on the storm doors in the R160? They used to look like this https://www.flickr.com/photos/jillyballistic/8675752426, but from what I see, all of the cars have been modified so that there's only one door handle.

Also, has anyone noticed that the MTA has been quiety replacing R160A end walls with fiberglass instead of the old stainless steel?

The (J) train in timing changed starting Sunday. Usually, on weekday nights, it's approximately 12 minutes for a train but now went to 10 minutes. 

The timing on Sundays is still the same to be exact: 12 minutes each train to Broad St or Jamaica Center but 10 minutes from 3-8PM. 

Edited by CH3348