SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed consist on the (B) today. That's 5152 and 2784. Think the last time I rode a mixed set would have been R32/38s together, pretty cool to be on. No braking issues.

IMG_8458_zpstqjkwqim.jpg

I guess that's what you'll get when you split a (B) train on Friday, run it on the (G) for a weekend and then combine two random (G) trains on Monday and run that as a (B) again...

I guess that's what you'll get when you split a (B) train on Friday, run it on the (G) for a weekend and then combine two random (G) trains on Monday and run that as a (B) again...

I feel the (G) should be just 100% R68As, that way those R68s can breathe and the R68As aren't sitting around in coney island/concourse waiting for a Yankees event to occur.

Even though they basically are the same car, these mix R6x sets feel odd. Think I saw a R62/62A mix on the (1) once.

Edited by ShadeJay

Double-posting...

Had a great T/O on the R32 (A) today, really great heaving that set with somebody who can run it well. Speeds over the past week or so never really seem to get too much above 40 (Cranberry 42mph S/B, Euclid-Bway 40mph N/B), and those timers around Utica make the express a joke. I don't think I'd even had an RFW going into Utica since that timer was installed...I'm used to the old speed from Nostrand S/B, that warranted the reminder sign at Nostrand saying "PLEASE BRAKE" in nicer terms. Shame how slow it is there. Just pray that the 42nd S/B runs never get ruined on the A/C. 

I wonder how majority the R142s and R142As have their maps updated (the 2/5 and 4) but the 6 doesn't replace their strip maps. Tbh, I thought the update will look like the R62A Lexington Av map 

*The green on the 6 isn't replaced like the 4 and 5

Edited by CH3348

I also noticed on the (2) to Dyre Av, after saying the next stop, it isn't announced. It then leads to the closing doors part.

All of the IRT NTTs with the exception of the (7) do that now. None of them announce what the destination is anymore.

Edited by Turtle