SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First things first: The (F) is scheduled to run 4 or 5 R46s a day in addition to R160s. Also, because of how Jamaica stores trains on weekends, operators take the first train available which can lead to some unintentional F and R train swaps. This has nothing to with how many cars are getting repaired.

Second, the delay in the capital program(which was approved in late May) did not delay the R211 order. It was always scheduled for award in 2016-17.

Third, there is no R193. (At least not a revenue car. There may be a work train with that number)

The one thing you are on the money about is the open windows.

Sent from my iPod touch using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I know that. Those two cars don't exist yet. They were one of the new sets that were supposed to employ gangway doors in at least one set.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

I know that. Those two cars don't exist yet. They were one of the new sets that were supposed to employ gangway doors in at least one set.

Work cars have their own contract #? #TheMoreYouKnow????

BTW isn't it ironic that the cars that carry trash cause the most air pollution?

Work cars have their own contract #? #TheMoreYouKnow[emoji293]

BTW isn't it ironic that the cars that carry trash cause the most air pollution?

If you know the information isn't factually accurate, why are you posting it?

If you know the information isn't factually accurate, why are you posting it?

Gosh. If I make a mistake and admit it, I still seem to get grilled for being inaccurate.

I feel it's better to be transparent than to continue grinding against veteran users. I iterated that to agree that my info was inaccurate.

If I make a mistake and acknowledge it, please don't rub it in. I know I made them.

So I was at Times Square-42 Street last night and I saw this (actually I heard it first) attached to the ceiling. It was making a whirring sound. Would I be correct to assume it is a countdown clock?

this is a countdown clock but based on a different technology

This is not based on track circuit data (like the A division clocks), nor is it based on the technology used at Coney Island. Totally different technology that I can't go in to much detail about. Not sure when they'll go online.

Here's a picture from last month of one before they wrapped it up.

rNpntcn.jpg?1

A while back they tested countdown clocks on the BMT broadway line that worked by using cameras to record car numbers and correlate that information to route and location data - the result being countdown clocks that required no modification to the car equipment. 

That very well may be the technology they're using here. 

I have no idea if there's been any movement on this front, but I had also proposed they could use anonymized data of cell phones connecting in every station down the line to fairly accurately locate individual trains (and gain some valuable ridership data too) but that's speculation on top of speculation. I feel like we'd have heard about that if that's what they were using, since technologically, it would be a very big deal. 

Congratulations, you're the first one to answer Shade Jay. But I'm gonna need other people answers not just 1 answer. I need to know if the (S) ever ran on the R62's and or the R142/A's? I'm going to need everyone to help me whoever sees this and I need more than 1 answer to know if the (S) ever ran on the R62's and/or the R142/A's?

Congratulations, you're the first one to answer Shade Jay. But I'm gonna need other people answers not just 1 answer. I need to know if the (S) ever ran on the R62's and or the R142/A's? I'm going to need everyone to help me whoever sees this and I need more than 1 answer to know if the (S) ever ran on the R62's and/or the R142/A's?

Why would you need more that one answer? R142s cannot be used on the (S) b/.c of the platform lengeths

There's only 1 correct answer to your question and it's been posted already. Do you need more than 1 person to tell you that 1+1=2? Read the earlier replies because the correct answer will not change no matter how many people reply. Carry on.

There's only 1 correct answer to your question and it's been posted already. Do you need more than 1 person to tell you that 1+1=2? Read the earlier replies because the correct answer will not change no matter how many people reply. Carry on.

THIS

Why would you need more that one answer? R142s cannot be used on the (S) b/.c of the platform lengeths

I don't know much about the (S) trains. I want to know if it ever had the R62's or the R142/A's. I know it has the R46's and the R68's. But I want to know about the IRT (S) trains. I want know if the (S) train ever had the R62's and/or the R142/A's. I know also the (S) train has R62A's, but the R62A LED Sign type, or without the LED Sign R62A type?

I don't know much about the (S) trains. I want to know if it ever had the R62's or the R142/A's. I know it has the R46's and the R68's. But I want to know about the IRT (S) trains. I want know if the (S) train ever had the R62's and/or the R142/A's. I know also the (S) train has R62A's, but the R62A LED Sign type, or without the LED Sign R62A type?

The 42nd st shuttle platforms are to short for the R142's so they have never and will never be used on the 42nd st shuttle.

Looks like some of the last singles from the (7) are going to the (S) now.

Actually, that pic was taken back in the earlier 2010s. Not recent.

Looks like some of the last singles from the (7) are going to the (S) now.

Actually, that pic was taken back in the earlier 2010s. Not recent.

Excuse the double post. My phone's been freaking out.

Edited by jon2305