SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

How long do you suppose an entirely local (J)/(Z) train would take to get from sutphin to chambers?

Look at the schedule on mta.info.

I mean without skip-stop service.

Like censin said look at the schedule.

http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/pdf/tjcur.pdf

It usually takes around 50 minutes.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone is going to go get photos and such this week, please be aware of your surroundings and be careful. MTA personnel, NYPD & Transit Police are in a heightened stage of alert. So if they'll see anything suspicious, they'll call it in or confront you.

It's best to keep your fanning plans off for another week or two. But if you guys do go out this week to fan and such, just be careful.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I had the opportunity today to see in action two (Q) pulling into Ditmars. My (Q) was sent express from QBP, and we ended up meeting the other (Q) at Astoria Blvd. It's a pretty interesting move, especially when both are in service. I've seen two trains pulling in before, but one of them always comes from layup.

Why conductors on the (J) ride the 3rd and 4th car of the train instead of the 4th and 5th cars like the (C) train does? Does it have to do with where the conductor board is located?? I ask this because the R32, R42 and R160 are all 60 feet long and each train set has 8 cars so why not line up the boards in the same spot instead of different areas.

Why conductors on the (J) ride the 3rd and 4th car of the train instead of the 4th and 5th cars like the (C) train does? Does it have to do with where the conductor board is located?? I ask this because the R32, R42 and R160 are all 60 feet long and each train set has 8 cars so why not line up the boards in the same spot instead of different areas.

because the C/R controls on the R42's are 3/4 while the R160/R143 C/R controls are 4/4. The reason the R32's on the (J) use the R42 board is because R32's have C/R controls in every car and Line up evenly with the R42 boards. The R32's Doors on 4/4 C/R controls don't line up evenly with the R160 boards... Its 2-4 feet off. So it's broken down to SMEE's on the (J) uses the 3/4 R42 boards and any NTT uses the 4/4 R160 boards. Edited by VIP

because the C/R controls on the R42's are 3/4 while the R160/R143 C/R controls are 4/4. The reason the R32's on the (J) use the R42 board is because R32's have C/R controls in every car and Line up evenly with the R42 boards. The R32's Doors on 4/4 C/R controls don't line up evenly with the R160 boards... Its 2-4 feet off. So it's broken down to SMEE's on the (J) uses the 3/4 R42 boards and any NTT uses the 4/4 R160 boards.

Ahh I see, it makes sense. Thanks for that.

Was there a posted G.O. last week that said that the <6> is suspended and select (6) s end at 3 Av-138 St middays (also this week)?

This GO's been going on like 48 of the last 52 weeks and 3.5 of the last 4 years. Basically if there's any work involving the Pelham line between 10 and 3, you'll see this service pattern in place.

This service pattern is low hanging fruit that can probably be made permanent if the (MTA) has another budget crisis.

In today's episode of Subway (mis)Adventures...

I was coming from my cousin's house this morning, and as my (J) was coming into the Junction, I see the (L) sitting halfway out the station. Good for me, cuz I would be able to catch the train lol.

I get to the platform and it's sitting in the station. Conductor resigned the train up as a skip run. After the Junction would be Atlantic, then Livonia, then Canarsie. My stop is New Lots, but I can walk from Livonia, so I was just gonna get off at Livonia. We get to Atlantic, and she resigned the train AGAIN, and the next stop would be Canarsie. At that point, I was starting to get annoyed, but I stayed on anyway.

Normally, when they send the (L) on a skip straight to Canarsie, it goes right back out so I generally stay on the train. Me getting off and waiting for the next train really doesn't save me any time since I'm so close to the terminal. But anyway, when the train got to Canarsie, they took the whole train out of service. So I'm waiting and when the next train came in, they sent it back out. I thought it would be the end of that, get off at New Lots and go back home.

...so I thought lol

We get to New Lots, and my train AGAIN goes on a skip. After E. 105 St, the next stop would be Atlantic. I was so pissed, I ended up walking home from 105 St.

Later on the (G), my train AGAIN goes on a skip. We skipped Nassau Av lol.