SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys do know they just used the old 2009 map and changed the front cover and Times right?

Another note, the Franklin (S) map was updated to show "Now (B) express service in Brooklyn." What does that have to do with the (S)?

Other then that, every timetable has been updated except for the (N).

I don't know about the Brooklyn (S), but the "(B) express" mention had been used on the (Q)'s timetable since October 2011, when (B) express in Brooklyn was reinstated after 2 years, and only has finally removed with this week's timetable update on the (Q).

Summary of major changes in the new schedule:

• New (W) service
  • (R) late night service extended to Whitehall St
  • (N) service now express in Manhattan weekdays
  • (Q) service cut back to 57 St, midday / weekend headways decreased to 8 minutes
  • (2) weekend headways decreased to 8 minutes

(2) headways are decreased from what? 10 minutes?

Two (W)s will start at Canal Street. http://tripplanner.mta.info/MyTrip/ui_web/serviceinthearea/Timetable.aspx?operator=SUB&route=W&inputDate=11/07/16&direction=N&type=W

Three (N)s will skip 49th and end at 57th in the morning, while four (N)s will do so in the afternoon rush. http://tripplanner.mta.info/MyTrip/ui_web/serviceinthearea/Timetable.aspx?operator=SUB&route=N&inputDate=11/07/16&direction=N&type=W

Two (N)s will start at 57th and skip 49th in the morning, while four will do so in the afternoon rush.

http://tripplanner.mta.info/MyTrip/ui_web/serviceinthearea/Timetable.aspx?operator=SUB&route=N&inputDate=11/07/16&direction=S&type=W

There used to be some ®s that dropped out at Canal. When did that stop? I rode one of them.

Has anyone seen mother nature in all her glory on the Brighton Line? Yesterday I was on a southbound B from Kings Highway to Sheepshead Bay and the colors were truly fantastic. What people pay big money to see this far, far from our city fail to see that all they have to do is ride the subway for the same thing.

There used to be some ®s that dropped out at Canal. When did that stop? I rode one of them.

They were extended to Whitehall sometime after 2008 and I assume they have been extended to Bay Ridge due to the late night extension of the (R). Typically during the 11 PM hour, trains leaving Bay Ridge have already started the shuttle service, while there are still trains towards Bay Ridge from Manhattan, along with the ones to Whitehall. Now that the late night (R) also ends at Whitehall, the middle track is no longer available for them.