SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the <Q> had been discontinued. You mean (Q). And R68(A)s are becoming rather common on Bway so I've hratd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on that train. That train was dog slow. I transferred to the (B) at Church Avenue/ When the (B) made it to Brighton Beach, I should've gotten off and ran to Coney Island. The <Q> didn’t arrive for another 10 minutes.

I was on that train. That train was dog slow. I transferred to the (B) at Church Avenue/ When the (B) made it to Brighton Beach, I should've gotten off and ran to Coney Island. The <Q> didn’t arrive for another 10 minutes.

Trains on the Brighton Line tend to run on slow speeds due to leaves on the track and future weather conditions (snow on the tracks during the winter)

Trains on the Brighton Line tend to run on slow speeds due to leaves on the track and future weather conditions (snow on the tracks during the winter)

I’ve already noticed that last month. That particular train was slow even compared to other Brighton local runs I’ve been on this month. On the bridge, in the tunnel, in the open cut… That train operator wasn’t very good.

Well all the 80's signage at Parsons Blvd just got replaced...

The pillar signs, the hanging signs...how bad? That station was one of the most complete in terms of classic signage. The QBL stops like 71st and Union Turnpike have slightly new signs that are in a mix of Helvetica cut to look like Standard and Standard. Parsons was all Standard.

The pillar signs, the hanging signs...how bad? That station was one of the most complete in terms of classic signage. The QBL stops like 71st and Union Turnpike have slightly new signs that are in a mix of Helvetica cut to look like Standard and Standard. Parsons was all Standard.

Everything except the Exit signage...

Catastrophe! Glad I made my way around with a camera earlier in the year...total loss. Most of those signs were in excellent condition and sure to last longer than the new tin ones.

A damn shame. 

I almost didn't notice it actually until I took a picture of one of the pillar signs and realized the sign said "Parsons Blvd" instead of "Parsons" (I have a running joke with a friend who goes to Parsons, where I send her snapchats of things with "Parsons' in it and sends me ones of things with "Queens" in it.)

I tried to check two MetroCards I got last year, neither of which expire until 2017, and the MVM at Sutphin-JFK told me both were invalid for refill.  Since I had somewhere to be that day, I just bought another one.  Why would the MVM tell me that neither card was good?  Was the stripe damaged beyond repair?

So the MTA release their cold weather plan and something is mentioned about the (7)<7>

Express service may run local on these lines:

a.png e.png d.png f.png n.png q.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6_d.png

Service on the 7.png may be reduced, with last/first stop to/from Flushing being Times Sq-42 St and shuttle trains providing service to/from 34 St-Hudson Yards.

There is no mention of <7> being suspended, and why would the shuttle be necessary.  

http://web.mta.info/coldWeather/

Edited by IAlam

So the MTA release their cold weather plan and something is mentioned about the (7)<7>

There is no mention of <7> being suspended, and why would the shuttle be necessary.  

http://web.mta.info/coldWeather/

They may be using one track from Times to 34 as storage space for the (7).

There's no reason to suspend the <7>, since running trains will keep the tracks clear and it wouldn't make sense to store trains on an above-ground express track.