SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
However theres an Exit that lead to 42 Street cuz theres 2 big entrances @ 42 street. It's Just annoying when a station is named after a street and theres no exit leading to that street

There's 3 now...

The one between 7 Av & Bway

The one on 7 Av

The one on 8 Av across from PABT (at least I think its open now)

Guest lance25

Myrtle Av isn't ADA accessible. In fact, there are so few handicap-accessible stations on the Jamaica line, you can count them on one hand.

Myrtle Av isn't ADA accessible. In fact, there are so few handicap-accessible stations on the Jamaica line, you can count them on one hand.

I was saying the same thing when I took the picture last night. The only stations I can think of is...

Jamaica Center

Sutphin Blvd

Well, that's all I can think of

I miss riding this mode of public transportation on a daily basis... Commuting on a bus daily blows....

I rather drive (If I had a car) rather than ride the damn bus. I realized I only like to ride on the bus when I'm fanning and not for commuting.

I love my job just hate the commute in the morning.

I miss the (:) and (Q) trains and the 68/68As and 160s they used, feels bad man.

But I miss don't miss High School though, not at all, not one damn bit... Some of the people there yes? But overall, nah.

Why is it listening to a C/R accidently saying the wrong stop coming up is so lulzy? Hearing the (3) train conductor at 42nd St saying the next stop is 14th St then scrambling to correct himself never gets old.

Also, I usually take two different (5) train intervals. One T/O is a real speed demon, the other one is rather average. The interval I usually take has the average speed T/O, if only they could switch runs. If only. Lately, the speed demon T/O has this other woman in the cab with him, she's already in the cab at Beverly Rd and she always gets out at Borough Hall....

What's up with the 142A's? I went on a trip to the Metro Museum of Art, as we were heading back the "This is a..." and "The next stop is..." announcements were played a few seconds before the opening of the doors.

Its the weird programming. Several times Ive heard the announcement play with the doors closed. Usually at 59 street it happens. This is what happens:

"...By walking to the lexington Avenue-63rd Street Station, and *Doors open* using your metrocard." *Long Pause* "Stand Clear of the closing doors please." *Doors close* *train starts moving* "This is a bronx bound (4) express train. The next stop is 86 Street".

I know once it did something really weird (I was on an R142A (5) train). Here was the announcement:

"This is: 59 Street. Transfer is available to the (6)(N)(Q) & (R) trains. A free-" *ding* "Stand clear of the-"

apperently the conductor was trying to cut off the Free Transfer to the (F) train part of the announcements, and it got jammed and played the closing doors message (when the train was still in motion) :confused:.

----------------------------

I'm trying to sort out the car moves/swaps that are happening now:

-R68's go to the (G)

-R46 from (G) go to (R)

-R160's off the (R) (:cry:) and sent to Coney Island

-Extra CI R160's bump off '68A's from the (N)

-those R68A's go to the (:P

-some R68's are taken off the (:P to go to the (G).

(loops)

The only thing I'm upset about is the R160's off the (R) part. The only line I like the R160's on is the (R), since there are so few of them on the (R) and not a million of them on every other line ((E), (F), (J), (L), (M), (N), (Q), (Z)).

Also some R46 MIGHT go the (F), as I was told.

When its timed correctly you don't even hear that second part, so it would appear to those not paying attention that no announcement was cut off (even though supervisors who may be on the train would know anyway, but it didnt sound wrong and c/r's believe that info is wrong as most tourists can't even find the (F) if they went upstairs anyway).

Its the weird programming. Several times Ive heard the announcement play with the doors closed. Usually at 59 street it happens. This is what happens:

"...By walking to the lexington Avenue-63rd Street Station, and *Doors open* using your metrocard." *Long Pause* "Stand Clear of the closing doors please." *Doors close* *train starts moving* "This is a bronx bound (4) express train. The next stop is 86 Street".

I know once it did something really weird (I was on an R142A (5) train). Here was the announcement:

"This is: 59 Street. Transfer is available to the (6)(N)(Q) & (R) trains. A free-" *ding* "Stand clear of the-"

apperently the conductor was trying to cut off the Free Transfer to the (F) train part of the announcements, and it got jammed and played the closing doors message (when the train was still in motion) :confused:.

It's partially because the transfer announcement "a free transfer is also available to the (F) train by walking to the lexington avenue - 63rd street station and using your MetroCard" makes the entire 59 St announcement really long,

when the announcement isn't started AS SOON AS the train enters 59th, the announcement is still playing when the doors open. I think the problem is that they can't easily play the "This is a Bronx/Pelham Bay Park/Parkchester-bound..." announcement when that happens. Some solve that by waiting until the entire announcement completes before opening the doors.

I might be wrong though.

It's partially because the transfer announcement "a free transfer is also available to the (F) train by walking to the lexington avenue - 63rd street station and using your MetroCard" makes the entire 59 St announcement really long,

when the announcement isn't started AS SOON AS the train enters 59th, the announcement is still playing when the doors open. I think the problem is that they can't easily play the "This is a Bronx/Pelham Bay Park/Parkchester-bound..." announcement when that happens. Some solve that by waiting until the entire announcement completes before opening the doors.

I might be wrong though.

You're correct......right b4 the doors close....it would say " This is a Bronx bound" or "This is a Pelham Bay Park bound"!

Seen a R46 (F) train at 5:01 a little while ago heading north at Bergen St, then saw a R68 (G) train leaving 7 Av a few mins later heading in the same direction...all while on a (G) heading the opposite direction not even railfanning

Big middle finger to all who was looking for them both lol ;)

About twenty minutes ago I was waiting for the (J) at Cleveland St when a (Z) bypasses at full speed. That runaway train blew some dude's hat off the platform and onto the street below. I wish there were more t/o's like that one. Thou can you get written up for not following the 15 mph rule when bypassing stations?

About twenty minutes ago I was waiting for the (J) at Cleveland St when a (Z) bypasses at full speed. That runaway train blew some dude's hat off the platform and onto the street below. I wish there were more t/o's like that one. Thou can you get written up for not following the 15 mph rule when bypassing stations?

Pwned.

Also, I hate riding such a busy line. Going home, the (1)/(2)/(3) seem to get FUBAR'd at least once a week or more...

In addition, there's a (2) train in the morning that terminates at E 180th St. It leaves Flatbush at around 6:37 or 6:38 AM on weekdays. The Countdown clocks and train LEDs all identify the train as going to E180th St, so it's definitely part of the schedule.

I saw on the Countdown Clock a (2) train going to Harlem-148th St.... and on multiple days.... but if I waited for it I'd be late for school ;)

Ugh shoddy commute today.

Going to school: Long-story short, the (A) managed to save about 45 SECONDS over the (C) from Fulton St to 145th St. I don't think I need to point out what's wrong with that statement....

Going home: My usual (3) train is MIA, the (2) is crushloaded and later does on of dem Battery Runs from President to Flatbush. Also I saw a man getting all grumpy at the (2) conductor, I wish I'd told him it wasn't even her fault...

I saw on the Countdown Clock a (2) train going to Harlem-148th St.... and on multiple days.... but if I waited for it I'd be late for school :P

That is because the downtown (2) is using a yard track in 180 Street yard since the normal southbound track is OOS. The slower speeds cause some (2)s to be rerouted to Harlem-148 Street.