SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

I wish they would do this on the <7>, the <7> conductors almost always love to close the doors right as the (N)/(W) pulls up and they do it purposely. They will see them pull up stop and right before they open the doors *ding-dong They could give less about courtesy.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I agree. I guess the <7> conductors figure, what the heck, let's just move the train already...

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish they would do this on the <7>, the <7> conductors almost always love to close the doors right as the (N)/(W) pulls up and they do it purposely. They will see them pull up stop and right before they open the doors *ding-dong They could give less about courtesy.

(7) train conductors RARELY Wait, usually it's load and go. A lot of time it really does seem like they are doing it on purpose (cutting announcements or closing the door just as the train across stops. Pisses me off Everytime, thinking I could make it, then the door closes...

(7) train conductors RARELY Wait, usually it's load and go. A lot of time it really does seem like they are doing it on purpose (cutting announcements or closing the door just as the train across stops. Pisses me off Everytime, thinking I could make it, then the door closes...

(7) trains usually arrive and leave quickly during the rush b/c trains are back to back between Hudson Yards and Court Sq. 

*As the (7) Local to Main St arrives at Queensboro Plaza, the (N) arrives but leaves due to the crowd. Later after the local leaves, the express arrives and leaves with the local arriving later on. The wait for that is 5 minutes for each local. 

Edited by CH3348

dumb question who has the list for the r160 programs?

because i want to know what listings do the broadway lines have the 6th ave lines and the J train have?

What do you mean? It's not like they can only fit a certain number. It not limited like a roll sign

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

What do you mean? It's not like they can only fit a certain number. It not limited like a roll sign

supposedly i was told that they are modifying the (F) via broadway and west end   and do they have 2nd ave programs too? and say does the J have any crazy reroute scenario in there if they get diverted from broad and chambers?

Edited by BreeddekalbL

If this is alright, I've made a list of terminals that trains make a relay:

- Euclid Av (C)

- Utica Av (4), some (5) trains

- Church Av (G)

- Broad St (J/Z)

-Forest Hills-71 Av (M)(R)

- Parkchester- E.177 St (6)

Do the (7) at 34 Street–Hudson Yards, (F) at Jamaica–179 Street, and (L) Myrtle–Wyckoff Avenues do that too in limited circumstances?

Doesn't the (F) constantly do relays or nah? Last time I went to 179th street, they did a relay.

I should add that currently, the (F) does relays at Kings Highway too. They go all the way down the express track to Avenue X, take the tracks down to the yard and then come back up on the Manhattan-bound local track.

Doesn't the (F) constantly do relays or nah? Last time I went to 179th street, they did a relay.

The (F) does do a relay at 179 St since the switches west of there only allow the train to access the NB express, IIRC. In any case, that track can't turn all 18 (E)(F) trains during rush hours. So most, if not all, of them have to use the relays.

Do the (7) at 34 Street–Hudson Yards, (F) at Jamaica–179 Street, and (L) Myrtle–Wyckoff Avenues do that too in limited circumstances?

(L) Myrtle-Wyckoff: yes, some selected trains do that during rush hours.

(7) Hudson Yds: I'm a daily user of the station and I've never seen that happen. In the AM, some Manhattan-bound trains do go into storage for the PM rush, similar to the (Q) at 96 St.

----

Another relay is (S) at Broad Channel.

Edited by agar io

The buffer period where subway service shifts from the daytime service patterns to the late night service pattern is really interesting. I've been looking at the Transit app and noticed that on Broadway:

from roughly 9-10, it follows the daytime service pattern: (N)(Q) express, (R)(W) local

from roughly 10-11 the (W) stops running, the (N) is express and the (Q)(R) are the locals

after 11 the (R) stops running, (N)(Q) local

For example, at Prince Street right now, the next Brooklyn bound (R) is 3 minutes away, followed by a Brooklyn bound (Q) 10 minutes away.

The buffer period where subway service shifts from the daytime service patterns to the late night service pattern is really interesting. I've been looking at the Transit app and noticed that on Broadway:

from roughly 9-10, it follows the daytime service pattern: (N)(Q) express, (R)(W) local

from roughly 10-11 the (W) stops running, the (N) is express and the (Q)(R) are the locals

after 11 the (R) stops running, (N)(Q) local

For example, at Prince Street right now, the next Brooklyn bound (R) is 3 minutes away, followed by a Brooklyn bound (Q) 10 minutes away.

Can we expect traffic jams as the (N) and (Q) trip over each other in midtown?

Can we expect traffic jams as the (N) and (Q) trip over each other in midtown?

Looking at the transit all it states the (Q) stops at 49 Street. Does it actually stop there, and switch at 57-7 AV? Or does it switch at Hearld Sq?

Both the N and the Q run local overnights. The Q switches to the local track N/B before prince st and switches back south of 57/7. They don't "trip over each other". And yes, during overnights the Q makes all local stops from Canal to 57/7.

Now as to relays from a few posts back, yes, the F relays at 179. Always does. It arrives on the east bound platform and departs from the westbound platform. relays includes:

Bronx: 205 (D), Parkcester (6)

Manhattan: 168th (C), Brooklyn Bridge (6), Bowling Green (5), Broad St (J), Chambers (J and M when needed)

(not sure about overnight 3 train)

Queens: 71/Forest Hills (M)(R), 179 (F, E), Broad Channel (Rockaway Blvd-Summer weekends only)Rock Pk Shuttle

Brooklyn: Church Ave (G), Euclid (C and Lefferts Shuttle), Utica (4), Kings Hwy (F, only during the rehab)