SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Actually, it was limited to the fleet that then ran on the 4. We're talking back in the mid 90's. The fleet has shuffled around since then.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

You're referring to the R62s, they came with speakers from the factories

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Enhanced Station Initiative kicks into high gear this month:

-53rd Street will close completely on March 27th (the 52 Street exit has already been closed for a week or two)

33290146696_ee8667e4ab_o.png

-the 68 Street exit at Bay Ridge Av will close on March 13th for complete replacement

17190648_281025472330927_689677694741342

It has not been officially confirmed yet, but there are rumors that Bay Ridge Avenue will close sometime in April (I would assume the second or third week).

I thought this was me, but this has been going on probably since the updates.

Whenever I'm on an uptown (F) exiting Broadway-Lafayette, the announcements go on to say "This is a Queens......" before announcing it is at West 4th Street without moving a single inch.

(MTA): screwing up announcements since 2013.

Not only that, but also the train announces "This is 14th Street..." before the (F) even curves onto 6 Av.

That is really annoying, and the MTA should fix it. I've seen confused tourists wondering about this.

That's what makes the (J) a nice line to ride...You get a mixture of cars on the line

I ride the (Q) daily, and I don't get much variety, since they run only R160A/B's, and that real rare R68 and or rare extra (B) train on the local track (it used to be a lot more common with the Brighton GO's).

On an unrelated note, there was a weird (B)(Q) swap in terms of the tracks they used... There was a (Q) on the express, and a (B) on the local... however the next local was a (Q)... Why would that happen?

Sent from my iPad using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Edited by Tonyboy515

For the weekend G.O? What are the times they operate to/from 86th Street?

Why would they add extra (W) s from Brooklyn during weekends? Especially since they shouldn't be operating that time anyway?

During midday hours of the (W) G/O, there are additional trains to/from Gravesend-86 St.

The Astoria G.O.? That seems interesting. I also heard some (W) s run on West End during the Sea Beach G.O.s too.

Unrelated, but apparently an (brownM) has appeared today due to some sort of incident that happened today. Ran on West End and everything.

Edited by ShadeJay

Why would they add extra (W) s from Brooklyn during weekends? Especially since they shouldn't be operating that time anyway?

The Astoria G.O.? That seems interesting. I also heard some (W) s run on West End during the Sea Beach G.O.s too.

Unrelated, but apparently an (brownM) has appeared today due to some sort of incident that happened today. Ran on West End and everything.

An (F) train went BIE at West 4th crippling the (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(M)(R) trains in the middle of rush hour with trains running all over the place...

Edited by Around the Horn

For the weekend G.O? What are the times they operate to/from 86th Street?

For the weekend, that's only if the (7) isn't operating along 42 St and I know there's 2 around 2:20-2:50PM starting at 86 St from CI Yard. 

There is a (W) to 86 St after the regular 9:17AM via Whitehall St somewhere around 10:50-11AM it gets to the Yard. 

I thought it went BIE on the uptown track, isn't there a switch right before to allow trains to switch between 8th and 6th Avenue?

It depends on exactly where it went B.I.E. Maybe it occupied the switch, making it unusable. I imagine the inability to utilize that flexibility pretty much put the uptown local track out of service. Squeezing the (F) and (M) onto the uptown express tracks doesn’t seem to be a good idea with the (B) and (D) running.

Yep there are  (W)s that run on West End when the Astoria and  (N) via West End occurs. There is also an  (R) putin that runs light on West End during the  (N) via West End G.O