SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R143 8233 and friends (currently on the (J) ) need to be sent in for maintenance ASAP! It accelerates very very slowly. OR the T/O can't operate an NTT for shit.

Or maybe they are under a slow speed order due to the rain. Trains slip on the rails you know.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

You're making it sound like only kids/teenagers made that mistake jumping onto the tracks to get their phones and got fatally hit but there's been many cases that it was the adults who saw that fate. Once again that still isn't a valid reason to banned teenagers from riding the subway.

Agree. People can get hit by buses, cars, trucks, etc. as well while trying to get their phones. Doesn't mean we ban people from entering the street.

If someone is stupid enough, they'll just find another way to get themselves hurt, no matter what gets banned. Including ignoring important safety notices that say "don't go onto the tracks".

Agree. People can get hit by buses, cars, trucks, etc. as well while trying to get their phones. Doesn't mean we ban people from entering the street.

If someone is stupid enough, they'll just find another way to get themselves hurt, no matter what gets banned. Including ignoring important safety notices that say "don't go onto the tracks".

Just an analogy:

Adult alcoholics are the greatest in numbers and adult victims of alcoholics are also the greatest in numbers. Yet, anyone over 21 has the legal right to buy and consume alcohol without suspicion of abusing the substance. Anyone under 21 is barred by the purchase and consumption of alcohol under the assumption that they cannot use it responsibly.

Unless I missed the memo, I'm surprised no one here has mentioned that almost all the (1) line's R62As have new side rollsigns now.

For example:

"242 St-Van Cortlandt Park

Bronx"

has become:

"242 St-Broadway, Bronx" on one line.

Really? I wouldn't think they'd bother with new signs for the 62s. After all, what's the point?

I had asked about that on a Facebook group and was told that these signs are from the mid-2000's only on some cars...

Now that actually makes some sense. Around this time, Transit was purchasing some new side signs for the cars, most notably the center aligned destination signs for the 38s.

There are now two countdown clocks at Queens Plaza. They are only playing messages such as the Courtesy Counts campaign for now.

I saw them this morning. It doesn't look like the system can handle the data from (E) trains yet (seeing as how we only have data from the 6 Ave and Broadway Lines), but I could be wrong.

There are also clocks at Steinway and 36 Sts on the QBL, which are not operational. The older LED signs are still there, as well as Queens Plaza, and probably won't be removed when the new clocks come on. For some reason, I didn't see any new clocks at Grand Av or Elmhurst Av.

SAS Train is urwrapped

Which one? cause one was already unwrapped when a tree hit it.

Do you mean 8953-8957 with 9028-9032? That one hasn't been out a fews days ago. 

9048-9052 is in service without the wrap but inside advertises the Second Av Subway. 

The (W) to 86th STREET now reads "SEA BEACH LOCAL".

It now says "86 St" (just without the Gravesend part and via Whitehall St)

Do you mean 8953-8957 with 9028-9032? That one hasn't been out a fews days ago. 

9048-9052 is in service without the wrap but inside advertises the Second Av Subway. 

Yes that is the one. I rode it from 86th to 42nd.