SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

The (R) already has a transfer to the (J) and (6) trains at Canal Street. Besides, late night (R) trains only run in Brooklyn as a shuttle. (N) Trains make stops in that segment. Also, the (R) can't realistically end at Chambers unless you're talking about the WTC stop.

Late night (R) trains run to Whitehall from Brooklyn, he wants the late night (R) to run up the Nassau line from Brooklyn to Chambers.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The (R) already has a transfer to the (J) and (6) trains at Canal Street. Besides, late night (R) trains only run in Brooklyn as a shuttle. (N) Trains make stops in that segment. Also, the (R) can't realistically end at Chambers unless you're talking about the WTC stop.

The original post was focusing on the late night brooklyn shuttle and referred to Chambers on the J. Still couldnt go to chambers on the A either since there's no track connection of any kind between the two to the south.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Edited by Far Rock Depot

Trains (R46) aren't allowed on the BMT east. They won't fit. As well as what someone else mentioned, the trains are too long.

....doink! Should have thought of that. Thanks for the feedback -- just toying around with things.

Acorn stairlifts don't meet ADA requirements for a public transportation facility, and then on top of that, they block other people from using said stairs while in use.

I did say this would be suited to stations with three or more staircases, like the 7th Ave - 9th Street station in Park Slope.

Some stations have egress-only stairs that would be accessible to the wheelchair bound and everyone else can still use the staircases at the booth entrance, which are wide.

I feel stumbling seniors would create MORE trouble for commuters if they had to use the same stairs.

Thinking about Broadway BMT stations below Midtown as I type.

Tonight I witnessed a BIE from start to finish.heres what happened:

(3) n/b leaves Atlantic and then goes BIE. They do indeed investigate the BIE not sure if they found anything probobaly not.what I thought was not right was that only the first 2 door panels were outside of the station.i think it would have been only right to let customers off somehow.key open door panel from every car or open the last 5 cars and let the front people to exit to first5. One lady got really mad but it happenend right at the end.Any thoughts?

Edited by Abba

Tonight I witnessed a BIE from start to finish.heres what happened:

(3) leaves Atlantic and then goes BIE. They do indeed investigate the BIE not sure if they found anything probobaly not.what I thought was not right was that only the first 2 door panels were outside of the station.i think it would have been only right let customers off somehow.key open door panel from every car or open the last 5 cars and let the front people off.Any thoughts?

From what you described I'm assuming it had already made the stop. So why reopen?

Because who wants to wait 30 minutes. Le5 them off and go to express side.one (3) passed by on express.

Procedure states once the train makes the stop and starts to depart, you dont reopen. Why delay the train more by keying open doors during the investigation?

Really? So if you were there it would be OK to wait the 30 minutes?

I've delt with that for over 30 years. And given my current commute, thats nothing. See, the thing is they have certain procedures in place for these incidents, which I also know from being a conductor. I've had longer delays. Now since it had already made the stop, anyone who wanted off there already did. Things happen. Trains go BIE all the time. My train gets delayed by a draw bridge. Both crew members have to investigate. The T/O checks the track bed while the C/R checks of it was passenger activated. Having to Kay off passengers makes the 15-30 min delay into a 30 to 45 min delay. I understand your frustration, but really?

The conducter was doing nothing other then speak on radio a little.Why can't he key Off people that might want to go? I would be horrified if I was on that train and wouldn't be let out

The C/R was communicating with rail control. And unless they are told to by rail control,no one is getting keyed Off. Thats what many dont understand. Its CYA down there. You must go by the instructions of the rail control center. Crews can't just decide for themselves to key people off the train .

Apparently, they can be quite fast when they want to be. The (C) is now available on the mobile site without having to manually input the station ID.

Weirdly enough, all the (C) stations are on the site except for the local stations east of Broadway Junction (Liberty Av, Van Siclen Av, and Shepherd Av).

It Makes a difference. I was transferring at W4th St and it said:

<- (C) Euclid Ave  1 Min

(A) Lefferts Blvd  10 Mins ->

Makes the decision quite easy.

I wonder if the rollout of these countdown clocks are because they are adding logic on a station level?

At W4th street, the downtown platform showed the (C)  and (A) even though the (A) was 10 mins away,and I suppose the (E) didn't show until the (C) left because it's the next local but it doesn't cover stations that the (C) doesnt.