SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but when the 86-88 Broadway  :D:  ran, it was skip-stop with the  (Q), just like the  (1)/ (9) and  (J)/ (Z). And the Broadway/Brighton  :D: terminated at 57 St-7 Av, as this was a few decades before SAS opened.

:D: to 96 St 

I wonder why they did skip stop, and not regular local and express service on the Brighton line 

What if the Chrystie Street connection was rebuilt to make room for the Second Avenue subway

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

The original plan for chrystie when built was to allow SAS, when built, to become "local" tracks at Grand St and converting the side platforms into island platforms. The section of SAS tunnel originally built by the Manhattan bridge was aligned for this. Is this possibly what you're asking about?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

The original plan for chrystie when built was to allow SAS, when built, to become "local" tracks at Grand St and converting the side platforms into island platforms. The section of SAS tunnel originally built by the Manhattan bridge was aligned for this. Is this possibly what you're asking about?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

A better alignment

I don't know if this was answered but, how did the (7) train became 11 cars in-total for a train? 

Also, how was the 11-car train formed on the (7) with Redbirds?

The R36WFs were in two car sets. A train ran with 5 sets of those, and a R33WF, which was just a single-car.

Random thought, what if the (B) and/or (D) train replaced the (J) and (M) trains and the (T) and maybe a new (H) or (V) train ran to the manhattan bridge and replace the (J)(Z) south of Chambers Street (Note- that means expanding the Fulton Center and Broad Street Platforms) since R32's and R42's are banned from Montague,then in Brooklyn the (T) can replace the (D) the (V) can replace the (B) and a third second avenue train, maybe an (H) or (U) train, could run via Fulton Street via Montague Street or under 4 Avenue. The (M) could go back to Nassau, IDK

Edited by LGA Link N train

Random thought, what if the (B) and/or (D) train replaced the (J) and (M) trains and the (T) and maybe a new (H) or (V) train ran to the manhattan bridge and replace the (J)(Z) south of Chambers Street (Note- that means expanding the Fulton Center and Broad Street Platforms) since R32's and R42's are banned from Montague,then in Brooklyn the (T) can replace the (D) the (V) can replace the (B) and a third second avenue train, maybe an (H) or (U) train, could run via Fulton Street via Montague Street or under 4 Avenue. The (M) could go back to Nassau, IDK

But why

Starters, Nassau is Heavily underutilized

Next, people in Williamsburg want a ride to midtown

A reduced need for the (M) would be in effect

A better system integration for the Second Avenue Subway

Nassau is heavily underutilized because it has low ridership. None of that proposal is necessary.

Also people want 6th Avenue in Midtown not 2nd Avenue, the entirety of Southern Brooklyn would riot if the (B) and (D) got taken away...

Nassau is heavily underutilized because it has low ridership. None of that proposal is necessary.

Also people want 6th Avenue in Midtown not 2nd Avenue, the entirety of Southern Brooklyn would riot if the (B) and (D) got taken away...

They'll still have the (F) and maybe a new express train at least, you could send the (D) down via the (A) then at Jay Street, it could switch over to the (F) then continue as an Express. Then past Church Avenue, the (D) could be peak express

They'll still have the (F) and maybe a new express train at least, you could send the (D) down via the (A) then at Jay Street, it could switch over to the (F) then continue as an Express. Then past Church Avenue, the (D) could be peak express

So what happens to West End???

So what happens to West End???

The (T) train takes over, and anyone who want to go to 6 Av can either Transfer to a Broadway train or the (F) (and maybe a supplemental (V) or (H) train) at Houston Street

However, in my proposal the Broadway Junction interlocking would have to be reorganized and the (A) , (C), (J)(Z) and (L) trains would have to be rearranged

You know the (D) has to merge with the (F) at W 4 St, the (C)(E) at Spring, the (A) at Canal, and the (F) again at Jay St? There is no direct connection between the 6 Av EXPRESS tracks and the 8 Av Exp tracks. Talk about merging madness!

So have the (D) switch to the local tracks by building a new double crossover switch just before Broadway - Lafayette????