SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The (4) runs 10 car trains (has done so for decades), it's not the (7) where it can run 11 cars. Running an extra car would be a waste as all the underground segments can only hold 10 car trains. So that's not the answer.

If anything, they should build another set of stairs for the northern part of the station to spread the crowds out on game days.

Edited by Grand Concourse

The (4) runs 10 car trains (has done so for decades), it's not the (7) where it can run 11 cars. Running an extra car would be a waste as all the underground segments can only hold 10 car trains. So that's not the answer.

If anything, they should build another set of stairs for the northern part of the station to spread the crowds out on game days.

I thought when they were building the new stadium they would modify the station so at least northbound u could exit on the north end as well as the south. Entering on the north end after a game isn't as important, u want to draw crowds away from the stadium to keep it safe. As it is now, it takes so long to get from the north end of the train to the exits that the next (4) is often coming in before all the passengers on the previous one exited the platform, creating unsafe crowding conditions.

Funny story that happened to me 2 weeks ago, just had a flashback of it...

I was in Downtown Brooklyn and I had to meet up with someone in Sunset Park, so I decided to hop on the (R) at Jay St. And that's where things started going downhill...

I get to the (R) platform and see the train slowly pulling away. Wasn't really mad since it was every 8 minutes, so the next one came. Pretty empty and I found me a seat looking out the window.

The train gets to Pacific St and there's a (D) train across the platform, so I decide to hop on the express instead. As soon as the doors opened in the (R), the C/R on the (D) closed the doors and the train pulled off. At that point I was mildly annoyed but I said screw it and got back on the (R). We get to 9 St, and an (N) flies by on the express and I got even more annoyed. Then it gets worse...

We get to 25 St and all of a sudden, the the familiar sound of a train going in BIE is heard...halfway into the station. At that point I was just pissed the hell off and just wanted to get off the train. Then as soon as the train charges up and finishes to get in the station, we held for red signals down the road. Then another (D) train flies by me. I was so mad I just started laughing to myself. By the time my (R) train finally gets to 36 St, an (N) train pulls in along with us.

So in the time it took me to get from Pacific to 36 St on the local, 4 express trains came and went. That had to be one of the worst times i had on the train lol

Earlier, I was on a Manhattan Bound (Q) trying to make a connection with the (B) at Brighton Beach. There were two (B)'s sitting there, but the one on the Manhattan bound track had it's doors open, so I assumed it was leaving first. I was wrong.

I was a little annoyed at first, but then I just laughed at it and rode the (B) that I got on even though I had to wait about 8-10 minutes.

Stuff like that has happened to me before, but I don't complain about it.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

This weekend the (5) will be running between Dyre Ave and E180 only. According to the GO, it's so that Tk 1A between 149 and 138 can be removed for M/W.

Gee......like they didn't have the last TWO MONTHS of WEEKENDS to perform work on that track? Note that there will not be any supplemental (5) service between 149 upper and Bowling Green, even though there aren't any other GO's preventing them from doing so.........The weekend (5) is the new weekend (G)!

Edited by Snowblock

@TwoTimer Is it a good idea to wait for the (B) when you're in a hurry to Kings Highway station? My friend and I attend Cunningham IS 234 and he takes the B36 to the (B) at Sheepshead. He always turns up late because BAM! Right when he hits the top step...

Ding-dong! The doors close and faarrrttt...the R68(A)'s brakes fart and with a loud clank it takes off...8 minutes before our "You're late for Homeroom!" bell rings!

Edited by B3 Via Av U

Riding R142As on the Nostrand Ave Branch was awesome :D:D:D:D

It does feel different than the Bombardier 142s

Kinda reminded me of the (L) line on the underground portion of the route in BK, when I came back home and a 142A was going in the other direction.

The announcement goes "This is a Manhattan Bound (4) train via the (5) line"

I'll try and catch on ride on the S/B track next weekend.

I'm loving this :D

First 62s were running down here, now we got 142As! :D

I've been foaming good :D