SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MTA Bus said:

100 cars got Cuomed, so that 10 sets of R160s.

*90 cars got the Cuomo wrap, 1 of the 10 sets is an 8-car R160 (L) train. 

Also, if noticed, the 42 St Shuttle cars have the roofs in a rusted color. 

Edited by Calvin

Service Changes on the BMT 4th Ave line are cruelly slow. How TF does it take 35 minutes on the express track to get from Fort Greene to Sunset Park?

I got off the (R) at 36 St and took the B63 on 5th Ave. What are the friggin odds I make it to Bay Ridge Av before it does?

Really craving some busmoji updates on this site...😩 Can't believe there's no Brooklyn routes past the 50s covered.

1 hour ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

Service Changes on the BMT 4th Ave line are cruelly slow. How TF does it take 35 minutes on the express track to get from Fort Greene to Sunset Park?

I got off the (R) at 36 St and took the B63 on 5th Ave. What are the friggin odds I make it to Bay Ridge Av before it does?

Really craving some busmoji updates on this site...😩 Can't believe there's no Brooklyn routes past the 50s covered.

35 minutes?! I live on the (R) and that's never happened to me, GO or otherwise... 

And yes the :bus_bullet_b63: has an emoji

41 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

35 minutes?! I live on the (R) and that's never happened to me, GO or otherwise... 

And yes the :bus_bullet_b63: has an emoji

Oh yeah. It was 1:47 PM when those doors closed. It was 2:18 PM when they opened at 36 St.

Maybe the BusMoji isn't visible from mobile.

@Around the Horn get this:

The conductor doted off at Canal St's Tunnel level and it literally took me yelling "what the heck? That signal is green! Why are we still here? You sleep?"

Please note ten minutes passed before my remark. The signal could have been green for longer.

I find some conductor's lack of tact, disturbing.

2 hours ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

The conductor doted off at Canal St's Tunnel level and it literally took me yelling "what the heck? That signal is green! Why are we still here? You sleep?"

Please note ten minutes passed before my remark. The signal could have been green for longer.

First off, even if the signal is green, what if something is happening ahead? What if there are workers on the tracks? What if someone fell between the cars of a train in front of you and they had to hold all trains? Even if the dam signal is green, it's the towers choice to hold whatever train for whatever reason for the safety of the passengers.

Second, I didn' know the conductor operates the train. Did anyone else know that? Seems new to me.

My lord, you do nothing but complain and act like you're RCC when you're not, so have several seats and be humble that trains even run on the weekend. And also, who do you think you are shouting at conductors like your their boss? Get outta here with that BS.

Edited by Lawrence St

1 hour ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

Never knew the conductor waa the one that moves the train

...learn something new every day here on this site

14 hours ago, Fresh Pond said:

Never knew the conductor waa the one that moves the train

...learn something new every day here on this site

I never knew the train operator could move the train with the doors open.

...learn something new every day here on the site

(This is what the MTA gets for insisting on their own rule by two.)

4 hours ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

What part of "The dispatcher probably told them to hold the train there" do you not get?

In any event, you yelling at a transit employee is an incredibly stupid thing to do...

8 hours ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

Except you can actually move a train with the doors open.

...10 years of this site and still oozing of new information left and right, isn' it amazing?

31 minutes ago, Fresh Pond said:

Except you can actually move a train with the doors open.

...10 years of this site and still oozing of new information left and right, isn' it amazing?

I actually saw it the first time last month (or early this month). The guy hopped off at Coney Island yard and the trains started moving before that single opened door even closed.

I rode an R42 (M) train about a decade ago that lost indication while moving and the T/O slowed down right away, crew took the train OOS the very next stop. I been on a R142 which rolled at President street S/B and someone pulled the cord a few seconds later, T/O didn't take power though probably released the brakes and the train rolled, T/O eventually recharged the train made the rest of its trip to Flatbush without issue.

In all fairness I'm sure its against the rules for the T/O to move the train in revenue service with the doors open for obvious reasons, I assume that's what @MassTransitHonchkrow was implying.