Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, VIP said:

How many (E) trains are getting the “Cuomo Scheme” ? Just 26 sets ?? 

100 cars got Cuomed, so that 10 sets of R160s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MTA Bus said:

100 cars got Cuomed, so that 10 sets of R160s.

*90 cars got the Cuomo wrap, 1 of the 10 sets is an 8-car R160 (L) train. 

 

Also, if noticed, the 42 St Shuttle cars have the roofs in a rusted color. 

Edited by Calvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why didn’t Jamaica just get most their R160 cars retrofitted? Was overhauling Coney Island sets easier? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Service Changes on the BMT 4th Ave line are cruelly slow. How TF does it take 35 minutes on the express track to get from Fort Greene to Sunset Park?

 

I got off the (R) at 36 St and took the B63 on 5th Ave. What are the friggin odds I make it to Bay Ridge Av before it does?

 

Really craving some busmoji updates on this site...😩 Can't believe there's no Brooklyn routes past the 50s covered.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that (4) reduced headway GO continues long term, I might start to look into filing a Title VI complaint about it on the grounds of it only affecting the Bronx (low income communities) and not Manhattan (non-low income communities)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

Service Changes on the BMT 4th Ave line are cruelly slow. How TF does it take 35 minutes on the express track to get from Fort Greene to Sunset Park?

 

I got off the (R) at 36 St and took the B63 on 5th Ave. What are the friggin odds I make it to Bay Ridge Av before it does?

 

Really craving some busmoji updates on this site...😩 Can't believe there's no Brooklyn routes past the 50s covered.

 

35 minutes?! I live on the (R) and that's never happened to me, GO or otherwise... 

And yes the :bus_bullet_b63: has an emoji

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

35 minutes?! I live on the (R) and that's never happened to me, GO or otherwise... 

And yes the :bus_bullet_b63: has an emoji

Oh yeah. It was 1:47 PM when those doors closed. It was 2:18 PM when they opened at 36 St.

 

Maybe the BusMoji isn't visible from mobile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Around the Horn get this:

 

The conductor doted off at Canal St's Tunnel level and it literally took me yelling "what the heck? That signal is green! Why are we still here? You sleep?"

 

Please note ten minutes passed before my remark. The signal could have been green for longer.

 

I find some conductor's lack of tact, disturbing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

@Around the Horn get this:

 

The conductor doted off at Canal St's Tunnel level and it literally took me yelling "what the heck? That signal is green! Why are we still here? You sleep?"

 

Please note ten minutes passed before my remark. The signal could have been green for longer.

 

I find some conductor's lack of tact, disturbing.

First off, even if the signal is green, what if something is happening ahead? What if there are workers on the tracks? What if someone fell between the cars of a train in front of you and they had to hold all trains? Even if the dam signal is green, it's the towers choice to hold whatever train for whatever reason for the safety of the passengers.

Second, I didn' know the conductor operates the train. Did anyone else know that? Seems new to me.

My lord, you do nothing but complain and act like you're RCC when you're not, so have several seats and be humble that trains even run on the weekend. And also, who do you think you are shouting at conductors like your their boss? Get outta here with that BS.

Edited by Lawrence St
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

@Around the Horn get this:

 

The conductor doted off at Canal St's Tunnel level and it literally took me yelling "what the heck? That signal is green! Why are we still here? You sleep?"

 

Please note ten minutes passed before my remark. The signal could have been green for longer.

 

I find some conductor's lack of tact, disturbing.

Never knew the conductor waa the one that moves the train

 

...learn something new every day here on this site

  • LMAO! 7
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Fresh Pond said:

Never knew the conductor waa the one that moves the train

 

...learn something new every day here on this site

Lol Missed you and your astounding use of sarcasm. Where have you been?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Hello Everyone” sounds very goofy.

I heard “Hello Everyone we are delayed because of train traffic” and “Hello Everyone because of construction” within a 5 minute span.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They spammed the pre recorded announcements on the subway today, all of the them started with "Hello Everyone". It sure seemed like they played them more often than they normally do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, B46 via Utica said:

Lol Missed you and your astounding use of sarcasm. Where have you been?

Parenthood and work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fresh Pond said:

Never knew the conductor waa the one that moves the train

 

...learn something new every day here on this site

I never knew the train operator could move the train with the doors open.

...learn something new every day here on the site

(This is what the MTA gets for insisting on their own rule by two.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m guessing East New York doesn’t have proper cleaning equipment to remove graffiti from the interior walls, resulting in painting over it with white paint. Check out  R160 car 8443 for example on the R5 wall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

I can weaponize sarcasm too, and with muting, can create my own safe space while I think of better replies.

Easy now...

Metaphorically sticking head in sand

  • LMAO! 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

I never knew the train operator could move the train with the doors open.

...learn something new every day here on the site

(This is what the MTA gets for insisting on their own rule by two.)

What part of "The dispatcher probably told them to hold the train there" do you not get?

 

In any event, you yelling at a transit employee is an incredibly stupid thing to do...

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

I never knew the train operator could move the train with the doors open.

...learn something new every day here on the site

(This is what the MTA gets for insisting on their own rule by two.)

Except you can actually move a train with the doors open.

 

...10 years of this site and still oozing of new information left and right, isn' it amazing?

  • LMAO! 6
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Fresh Pond said:

Except you can actually move a train with the doors open.

 

...10 years of this site and still oozing of new information left and right, isn' it amazing?

I actually saw it the first time last month (or early this month). The guy hopped off at Coney Island yard and the trains started moving before that single opened door even closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rode an R42 (M) train about a decade ago that lost indication while moving and the T/O slowed down right away, crew took the train OOS the very next stop. I been on a R142 which rolled at President street S/B and someone pulled the cord a few seconds later, T/O didn't take power though probably released the brakes and the train rolled, T/O eventually recharged the train made the rest of its trip to Flatbush without issue.

 

 

In all fairness I'm sure its against the rules for the T/O to move the train in revenue service with the doors open for obvious reasons, I assume that's what @MassTransitHonchkrow was implying.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.