Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

What part of "The dispatcher probably told them to hold the train there" do you not get?

 

In any event, you yelling at a transit employee is an incredibly stupid thing to do...

You'd have to be there to understand why I said something.

I'm not reacting to any more comments for now regarding this. I stand by my actions and would do it again if the situation repeated itself.

I (and other pax) waited ten minutes. Who gets held at the station for ten minutes with no explanation or PA briefing? Please tell me how that's fair to riders?

You can vent your frustration at my position as loud as you'd like but the riders I sat next to appreciated my effort.

Defending a failure in communication is a failure in communication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fresh Pond said:

Except you can actually move a train with the doors open.

 

...10 years of this site and still oozing of new information left and right, isn' it amazing?

Not with passengers on board.

Where is your sense of logic in that reply? 

You were willing to craft a reply void of logic just to parry my sarcasm?

Unbelievable XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I rode an R42 (M) train about a decade ago that lost indication while moving and the T/O slowed down right away, crew took the train OOS the very next stop. I been on a R142 which rolled at President street S/B and someone pulled the cord a few seconds later, T/O didn't take power though probably released the brakes and the train rolled, T/O eventually recharged the train made the rest of its trip to Flatbush without issue.

 

 

In all fairness I'm sure its against the rules for the T/O to move the train in revenue service with the doors open for obvious reasons, I assume that's what @MassTransitHonchkrow was implying.

That was my intent, thanks. ^-^

I only hope that kind of logic isn't applied in a real world situation with the expectation of job security.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

Not with passengers on board.

Where is your sense of logic in that reply? 

You were willing to craft a reply void of logic just to parry my sarcasm?

Unbelievable XD

You never specified

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

What part of "The dispatcher probably told them to hold the train there" do you not get?

 

In any event, you yelling at a transit employee is an incredibly stupid thing to do...

I'd do it again. It's not against the law to hurt people's egos. The MTA has done dumber things at the expense of human life, so I'm not concerned about the impact of my behavior.

Many passengers actually agreed with my actions 

In my eyes NYCT personnel are as docile as they are senile.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

I'd do it again. It's not against the law to hurt people's egos. The MTA has done dumber things at the expense of human life, so I'm not concerned about the impact of my behavior.

Many passengers actually agreed with my actions 

In my eyes NYCT personnel are as docile as they are senile.

 

I swear, your an even more retarded and annoying version then Wallyhorse (no offense Wallhorse), and even he knows when to be quiet when he's wrong. You just keep opening that mouth of yours no matter how many times we tell you to shut it smh. Like your mad annoying.

  • LMAO! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He may be an attention whore and all sorts of things, but he is spot-on with this:

38 minutes ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

Defending a failure in communication is a failure in communication.

Why was there no communication regarding the delay?

Often an (N) runs into problems approaching 59 Street and 36 Street due to heavy congestion. The conductor never bothers to make announcements until after the train leaves the station and is in traffic. They could have saved everyone time by announcing the problem at the station so passengers can have a shot at taking the (R) to DeKalb Avenue instead for the (B) or (Q).

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

PLEASE, DON'T ENCOURAGE IT I MEAN HIM!

His point isn’t invalid just because of his method of bringing it to the foreground again. Crappy communication is a serious problem that wastes everybody’s time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, CenSin said:

He may be an attention whore and all sorts of things, but he is spot-on with this:

Why was there no communication regarding the delay?

On second thought, do we even know the delay actually happened?

This whole situation screams of "I'm gonna make up a situation so I can look like a white knight" and frankly he has a history of it...

  • LMAO! 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

On second thought, do we even know the delay actually happened?

This whole situation screams of "I'm gonna make up a situation so I can look like a white knight" and frankly he has a history of it...

Given my experience… I’d say it is plausible enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, you can just ignore each other. It's not that serious. In that same vein, @MassTransitHonchkrow, don't take everything as a personal attack. Sometimes, you just have to laugh it off because it's not that big of a deal.

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone said earlier, attention whore.

 

Anyway, the (F) rehab announcement signage shoes that in order to get to bypassed stations, you must take a Coney Island Bound (N) at Kings Highway (on Culver.) I didn't know (N) trains ran via culver, did you guys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, laughing it off is threatening to mute people, publicly announcing you like to create your own bubble and then creating status updates to throw subs...

Who do you think you're fooling here? 

 

That's all I have to say on this matter. Moving along...

The (N) express track closure is truly going forward. There's a motion in the board materials to officially add it to the schedule in Spring 2018.

Quote

Changes Recommended to Accommodate Long-term Construction Projects
In addition to the schedule adjustments listed above, additional schedule adjustments are recommended to accommodate long-term planned construction work.

Structural work on the 4 Av express tracks in Brooklyn require (N) express trains to be rerouted to operate via the local tracks between 36 St and 59 St for approximately 12 months starting in mid-2018. Due to the long-term nature of this project, this change will be included in schedules starting in Spring 2018. 4 Av express (D) service and 4 Av local (R) service will continue to run normally. 

http://web.mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/171113_1030_Transit.pdf

page 138

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CenSin said:

He may be an attention whore and all sorts of things, but he is spot-on with this:

Why was there no communication regarding the delay?

Often an (N) runs into problems approaching 59 Street and 36 Street due to heavy congestion. The conductor never bothers to make announcements until after the train leaves the station and is in traffic. They could have saved everyone time by announcing the problem at the station so passengers can have a shot at taking the (R) to DeKalb Avenue instead for the (B) or (Q).

I'm a bit confused on what you're asking for. How would the conductor know that they're going to run into congestion beforehand if there isn't a major issue like a sick passenger ahead and they weren't instructed to hold the train in the station? How big of a delay ia caused by this? If time is of the essense maybe those people should leave their houses earlier. 

It happens to me almost daily riding the Eastern Parkway Line approaching rogers junction. It causes no morw than a 5 minute dwlay i don't see why i should get mad at the conductor nor the train operator.

It's mindboggling how that poster thinks it's ok to come to people's jobs and scream at them because of their own ignorance, immaturity, impatience amongst other things...

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I called it earlier... The R160 with the fold up seats is on the (J) today.

It was a nice ride until we got dumped off at Crescent St because of police activity.

23471970_390602408039899_723370906469869

23472117_390602401373233_410357238475689

23473179_390602474706559_128164983797760

23435096_390602578039882_746314963149128

23559893_390602654706541_260533852772254

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I'm a bit confused on what you're asking for. How would the conductor know that they're going to run into congestion beforehand if there isn't a major issue like a sick passenger ahead and they weren't instructed to hold the train in the station? How big of a delay ia caused by this? If time is of the essense maybe those people should leave their houses earlier. 

It happens to me almost daily riding the Eastern Parkway Line approaching rogers junction. It causes no morw than a 5 minute dwlay i don't see why i should get mad at the conductor nor the train operator.

It's mindboggling how that poster thinks it's ok to come to people's jobs and scream at them because of their own ignorance, immaturity, impatience amongst other things...

When the (N) is crawling into 59 Street from 8 Avenue, held for a few minute and crawling towards 36 Street with a (D) train skipping the line, I’d say there are plenty of opportunities for the conductor to get this information from supervision to pass along to the passengers. If the conductor doesn’t even know, it’s a failure of supervision who is supposed to know what is running on the rails and how far apart.

That said, I do not condone yelling at transit employees. That kind of behavior can be found in the DSM-5. The more of the boxes you check off on the list of symptoms, the worse your prognosis: future homelessness after being kicked out of home and the mental facility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Well, I called it earlier... The R160 with the fold up seats is on the (J) today.

It was a nice ride until we got dumped off at Crescent St because of police activity.

23471970_390602408039899_723370906469869

23472117_390602401373233_410357238475689

23473179_390602474706559_128164983797760

23435096_390602578039882_746314963149128

23559893_390602654706541_260533852772254

The (J) riders must have been thrilled with fewer seats.

  • LMAO! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw some of the faces of shock and disbelief. But also anyone know what happened to (J) service around 3:30pm at Norwood Avenue ? There were no trains in both directions for a couple hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.