SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd think that there aren't any videos of the loop station. Remember, some trains don't immediately leave the loop and since the 5 runs to Flatbush during the day, those 1s may not be in and out.

What's the status of the (1) south of Chambers? Can they even run the (1) past Chambers up to Rector? I mean I could see maybe the trains being 'fumigated' at Chambers or Rector if the line is drained of all the water.

If you try to ride my (1) around the loop, I WILL have you forcibly removed, arrested and executed.

Damn, I know that talk is getting out of hand, but is it really that serious? Edited by Grand Concourse

The loop station closed only three years ago. It's a little too soon for museum tours. Plus, South Ferry doesn't really have that much historical significance, unlike say, City Hall (IRT).

Answering this recurring quandary, if the line south of Chambers St isn't ready when the rest of 7th Avenue re-opens, they'll likely turn the 1s at 14 St like they do when the line is shut down for Port Authority work.

It'd be pretty cool if they did like a 'open doors' event where they did a tour of the loop station.

There's a lot of transit agencies in the Toronto area that do that. But it's still probably a pipe dream.

You know what'd be pretty nice too? A tour of the lower level of Nevins.

Since this is the Random thoughts thread I have a question.There is the storm potential this week for a nor'easter and accu weather says that "sustained" winds can reach 40 mph.This means another full shutdown would come on Election Day or so.Right?

Edited by Abba

Mind, I wasn't hoping for a tour in the near future, but in about 15-20 years, once it's had enough time to be 'forgotten' about by the general public. ;)

Yeh the thing it will probably never achievie that adandoned status, because of the shoddy work that condractors did at south ferry LL. In fact the TA keeps that station in pretty good condition so it can be put back in service if anything happens at the new south ferry.

Not a full shutdown, just plan IV. Equipment back onto the underground express tracks, all service runs local. But yeah, having to take a local train might deter people from going to the polls.......

Yeh the thing it will probably never achievie that adandoned status, because of the shoddy work that condractors did at south ferry LL. In fact the TA keeps that station in pretty good condition so it can be put back in service if anything happens at the new south ferry.

WHAT????? Have you been in that station in the last 6 months? The gap filler motors deteriorated (and were leaking oil) to the point where they had to be completely removed and the whole station is covered in a layer of dust. It hasn't been cleaned since it closed. There is no upkeep going on there at all......and it is being used as a storage room for the signals dept, so even the platform isn't safe to walk on.

Edited by Snowblock

Many of the R32 are stored between 168 and 145 on both express tracks. I havent been to brooklyn lately so im not sure where the ones on the Brooklyn end went other than just south of Euclid

Many of the R32 are stored between 168 and 145 on both express tracks. I havent been to brooklyn lately so im not sure where the ones on the Brooklyn end went other than just south of Euclid

Well, either that was a 12-9 or it was really close. Was coming into 77th and I heard a ton of horn (not from the train I was on), then my train stopped in the tunnel. Creeped into the station and the other train was stopped halfway into the platform with a huge crowd of people around the front of the train. Wouldn't be the first time that kind of scene happened at 77th, maybe somebody can confirm if that was it or not.