SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Franklin av doesn't matter? It doesn't seem like it requires the c/r to worry about needing tv screens for any blind spots.

It doesn't, but if they are stopping at the 10-car marker (which doesn't make sense in a way), and the entrance to Franklin on the NB platform is in the back of the station.

...thats a real mad dash right there

i don't see the R42 (C) lasting, this was a big issue back in 2008, i think what they might have to do is ether send those R42's back to ENY and get the 8 car R160's (most of the (C) crews are R160 ready) or do the summer swap or something, its stupid to have 2 sets of trains where they stop too far from where its supposed to stop at, this will rasie more complaints trust me

Yup, its because of the C/R board since the train is 5-3. IMO this was a stupid Idea, they can run 10 car trains with 8 car trains on there, all they need to do is put a sign in the cab like what they did with the R42's that says in bold black letters "10 CAR STOP".

i don't see the R42 (C) lasting, this was a big issue back in 2008, i think what they might have to do is ether send those R42's back to ENY and get the 8 car R160's (most of the (C) crews are R160 ready) or do the summer swap or something, its stupid to have 2 sets of trains where they stop too far from where its supposed to stop at, this will rasie more complaints trust me

All they have to do is just send 16 or 24 R46 sets from Pitkin to the Rockaways and leave the (C) 100% R32s. But its too late anyways, plus 98% of the (J) route restored with no (Z) service at all and those 20 R32s are already being sent down to the Rockaways...