SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

FAKE NEWS!

There's no way they'd ever hit the (N)(Q) because both lines use Montague regularly, like last night when the signals at Canal Street malfunctioned

And if the Eighth Ave line below 50th is no longer compatible with R32s, then the (D) is no longer a candidate for them (and to a lesser extent, the (A)(C)(E)

13 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Did the foamers behave at the train parade

I didn't go to it, but from what I saw on video, everyone looked to behave fine. 

5 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

So I take it no one misbehaved? Cause I heard of a train surfer on the Q that weekend

That Q train surfer must've been different from the parade trains, since it was a Q.

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks

There was a guy yelling "Dj hammers expose yourself" at Brighton Beach, and then the normal RFW crowding, but it was on the whole relatively civilized. 

1 hour ago, KK 6 Ave Local said:

And if the Eighth Ave line below 50th is no longer compatible with R32s, then the (D) is no longer a candidate for them (and to a lesser extent, the (A)(C)(E)

8th Ave CBTC won't be active for another 5 or so years. It definitely won't affect car assignments for Canarsie. 

Also, pray, explain how 8th CBTC will affect the (D) more than the (A)(C)(E). That seems like....suspect logic. 

3 hours ago, RR503 said:

There was a guy yelling "Dj hammers expose yourself" at Brighton Beach, and then the normal RFW crowding, but it was on the whole relatively civilized. 

8th Ave CBTC won't be active for another 5 or so years. It definitely won't affect car assignments for Canarsie. 

Also, pray, explain how 8th CBTC will affect the (D) more than the (A)(C)(E). That seems like....suspect logic. 

I was joking about the service changes they constantly have.

5 hours ago, RR503 said:

Now who would do something like that. At least when I met him, I have a friend who already knows him have me introduce myself to him

3 hours ago, VIP said:

Lately the (L) line has been a trend for committing suicide...

3 hours ago, EphraimB said:

Why the (L) out of any other line?

Yeah, good question, Why the flipping  (L) of all lines? This is the (L) train, not that suicide forest in Japan (no offense since I find Japanese culture quite awesome). AND if you were to commit suicide, why not choose the worst line in the system which is undoubtedly the (R)?

5 hours ago, LGA Link N train said:

Now who would do something like that. At least when I met him, I have a friend who already knows him have me introduce myself to him

Yeah, good question, Why the flipping  (L) of all lines? This is the (L) train, not that suicide forest in Japan (no offense since I find Japanese culture quite awesome). AND if you were to commit suicide, why not choose the worst line in the system which is undoubtedly the (R)?

You're going down the wrong avenue... Leave that talk of which line someone should choose to end it all off of these forums... It's not even funny.

7 hours ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

You're going down the wrong avenue... Leave that talk of which line someone should choose to end it all off of these forums... It's not even funny.

I wasn't trying to be funny but I'll be more careful with my choice of words from this point on. 

Anyways, who's read "The routes not taken: A trip through New York City's unbuilt subway system"? I'd like to know your thoughts on the book.

Edited by LGA Link N train
Something else struck my mind and I didn't want to double post

A couple of questions about the Dekalb/Flatbush Area.

When they reconstructed the Dekalb Area, how did they do it and did they have to dig up the street?

Would CBTC be able to get trains through the Atlantic / Dekalb / Manhattan Br  area quicker?

-----------------------------------

Which lines are the MTA using this new lower cost CBTC solution?

16 hours ago, VIP said:

Lately the (L) line has been a trend for committing suicide...

16 hours ago, EphraimB said:

Why the (L) out of any other line?

Probably the rent in Williamsburg and "East Williamsburg"

14 minutes ago, N6 Limited said:

A couple of questions about the Dekalb/Flatbush Area.

When they reconstructed the Dekalb Area, how did they do it and did they have to dig up the street?

Would CBTC be able to get trains through the Atlantic / Dekalb / Manhattan Br  area quicker?

-----------------------------------

Which lines are the MTA using this new lower cost CBTC solution?

I believe that they dug out the street when rebuilding Dekalb. They were rearranging the track alignment as far as I know. CBTC would get those trains to move a bit quicker but as of now, that is uncertain. 

Oh, and that lower cost CBTC solution. I don't know what lines they're going to use it on since it's too early to tell but likely canidates would be Lexington, Fulton, Crosstown, 8 Avenue, 7 Avenue and 6 Avenue. 

8 minutes ago, LGA Link N train said:

I believe that they dug out the street when rebuilding Dekalb. They were rearranging the track alignment as far as I know. CBTC would get those trains to move a bit quicker but as of now, that is uncertain. 

Oh, and that lower cost CBTC solution. I don't know what lines they're going to use it on since it's too early to tell but likely canidates would be Lexington, Fulton, Crosstown, 8 Avenue, 7 Avenue and 6 Avenue. 

Ah, Is that why their CBTC plans have accelerated?