SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

2 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

Damn, I really miss those poor R62As running on the (7), especially given the fact that I didn't get to have one final proper ride on them. :( It was such a shame that all they did was sit in Corona until their transfer to the (6) for two months straight. Seeing them on the (6) isn't the same because of those full-width cabs. 

2081-2085 had the honor of being the last R62A to have left Corona, today, June 26, 2018. Only five singles are staying behind for work service. 

And the (J)(Z) will soon follow in the (L)'s (and (7)'s) footsteps soon due to ENY becoming 100% NTT...

Isn't the (Q) also 100% NTT?

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Isn't there still an R68 assigned to the (Q)?

An R68 & R68A set appeared on the (Q) for one weekend a few months ago, but besides that, (Q) trains are entirely NTT. If there is an issue where there aren't enough sets for the (Q) , you might be able to see one, but that's a very rare occurrence nowadays.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

37 minutes ago, N6 Limited said:

What does NTT stand for?

Also can CBTC be used to move trains between yards, etc. without a T/O present?

NTT = New Technology Train - that is, all of the new trains that have been developed since the late '90s up until now. That's the R110 (the NTT prototypes), the R142(A)s, R143s, R160s, and R179s, and presumably anything that comes out in the future.

I'm not sure that any yard tracks are actually equipped with CBTC, even Canarsie or Corona, though even if they were, I don't think that any of our trains are capable of driverless operation, but I could be wrong.

6 hours ago, R179 8258 said:

How set of R160 that’s Coney Island has that belong to Jamaica. I see 9200 and 9400 sets. And does anybody know why they have them ???

I Can’t understand the grammar but if you’re asking why Jamaica has some Coney Island R160’s and vise versa ?? It is because of the “Cuomo scheme” overhauls. Some Coney Island sets  which were R160B’s were overhauled to make more standing space in the cars. They sent those R160B’s to Jamaica for (E) service. In return, Jamaica sent some of their R160A sets. This way niether yard would have a car shortage. 

Edited by VIP
Detailed information

47 minutes ago, VIP said:

I Can’t understand the grammar but if you’re asking why Jamaica has some Coney Island R160’s and vise versa ?? It is because of the “Cuomo scheme” overhauls. Some Coney Island sets  which were R160B’s were overhauled to make more standing space in the cars. They sent those R160B’s to Jamaica for (E) service. In return, Jamaica sent some of their R160A sets. This way niether yard would have a car shortage. 

It was the case. Since later after few months, those cars/trains are scattered all over from the (E) (such as the (F) , * (R) as well)

On 6/26/2018 at 9:07 AM, KK 6 Ave Local said:

I can only see the (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(L)(S) trains.

That’s what it was showing beofre it stopped. It wasn’t working for the longest time .Now it started again . My best part is the history of how long the trip took. Unforunely from iOS 10 it doesn’t show the seconds anymore so you don’t really know if the train is in Service or now .

Lol I came across this on the (A) today :lol::lol::

43096489821_0bc0bce824_b.jpg

That's right, an R32 rollsign that STILL had knobs. I was at Inwood-207 St, and was walking down the platform when I immediately saw this R32 with a rollsign set to the (brownM). Something wasn't right, so I walked inside, and surprise surprise, I saw this. It's rare because there's only four R32s that have these knobs. 

Also, some other railfan/foamer changed it, not me. 

2 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

That's right, an R32 rollsign that STILL had knobs. I was at Inwood-207 St, and was walking down the platform when I immediately saw this R32 with a rollsign set to the (brownM). Something wasn't right, so I walked inside, and surprise surprise, I saw this. It's rare because there's only four R32s that have these knobs. 

2d5epu.jpg

14 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

Which car?

8 hours ago, RR503 said:

This, I believe, is for the new AM turn between Bednos and Court Square. They needed to add frequency to reduce exit surges at the latter station while moving walkway removal is going on. 

I've been avoiding transfering between the (G) and (E)(M) at Court Square lately, by 2019 or so I should Avoid transferring there at all.