SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bobtehpanda said:

What I meant to say is, what is it directly under? I know there are entrances under the Muni building. 

1 hour ago, R68OnBroadway said:

The northern end is under Foley Sq, while the southern end I think is under the northernmost off ramp of the Brooklyn Bridge.

That, and there's a pathway that leds to Bowery Chinatown by bus only. 

4 hours ago, bobtehpanda said:

Where exactly is the Chambers St stop located? It would look really nice with a skylight.

It would, though it may take away the decaying aspect some people like about it in it's current form. Also, what about graffiti artists and vandals? They'll find a way to ruin it even if good security is implemented. Isn't that one of the reasons Jamaica Van Wyck (E) had it's ones closed for good?

1 hour ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

It would, though it may take away the decaying aspect some people like about it in it's current form. Also, what about graffiti artists and vandals? They'll find a way to ruin it even if good security is implemented. Isn't that one of the reasons Jamaica Van Wyck (E) had it's ones closed for good?

I think that the interests of the general rider trump that of some rail fan whining about the good old days of R32s and Redbirds. Most people don't like wallowing in dirt and grime and rats.

The skylights were closed because they're in Jamaica. Contrary to what the developers would like you to believe, Jamaica and Downtown Manhattan don't have all that much in common. It's right under city government, for Christ's sake.

Edited by bobtehpanda

44 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

I think that the interests of the general rider trump that of some rail fan whining about the good old days of R32s and Redbirds. Most people don't like wallowing in dirt and grime and rats.

The skylights were closed because they're in Jamaica. Contrary to what the developers would like you to believe, Jamaica and Downtown Manhattan don't have all that much in common. It's right under city government, for Christ's sake.

Got it, didn't think of location in my original thoughts. I'm also presuming the station will have to be renovated as well for this to occur; since skylights will look odd under the existing structure for me personally and cost more money to build, since I originally thought otherwise for some reason. 

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks

1 hour ago, bobtehpanda said:

:lol: They said the same thing about Downtown Bk, now look. Perhaps the Skylights will make a comeback to Jamaica Van Wyck.

15 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

For anyone who has been around Bay Ridge or any other neighborhood for the Marathon, what do they with the subway? Are there any station closures, can people move from one side of the sidewalk to the other?

At least at Bay Ridge Avenue, there are no closures and anyone can use the mezzanine as an underpass to cross between sides.

54 minutes ago, Lance said:

Why am I not surprised? Now if only they could get around to removing those over-abbreviated signs on the 188s.

TBH, the signs should be like this:

(7) 34 ST-HUDSON

(7) FLUSHING LOCAL

(7) 34 ST-HUDSON

(7) FLUSHING EXPRESS

(7) FLUSHING-MAIN ST

(7) QUEENSBORO PLAZA

"Q BORO PLZ" is literally the dumbest sign I've ever read.

Today I heard the on scanner the train operator of N train announce the incident at 20av. I can’t day exactly what I heard but I will say say he sounded very upset 😢 .Also I happenend to be going to 86st on R line when the Jay St incident occurred . At Atlantic Platform was packed ! I was first thinking why not run some trains local but it’s very hard to do that since they have to stop at DeKalb and merge with the (B) and (Q) . One (N) went local 2 (D) ‘s cane went express . I took one and for heaven sake why do we have to wait 3 min to get into 36th st .Why dosnet the train operator announce himself by like 25th and then they will just give the lineup. I don’t understand. Especially with countdown clocks don’t the tower operators know what train is coming ?

Edited by Abba