SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn, that sucks. I usually take vids just b/w stations than to do a whole segment. It's easier [file size] and at least i won't get weird looks from the other riders. Those people are so damn paranoid.

Yes ppl are always paranoid.....and they will continue to live that way...SMDH. The cop was cool about me filming b/c he said its not illegal!

Are each of the stations before each terminal like that, or just on the (1)?

Dyckman Street (A) is like that, however when you enter the downtown side, there is a crossunder to the uptown train.

Nothing more frustrating than riding a (4) train express and at 103 street, it gets delayed for 5 minutes. And it did not happen at rush hour, more like 1 in the afternoon. #TooMany4and5trains

Even at rush hour, the line going south don't start until just north of 86th earliest. Now going north, from time to time it starts at 103.

Current Service Status / Subways-BDFM

Posted: 06/07/2011 12:44PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to a rail condition at the Lexington Avenue-53rd Street Station, Jamaica bound (M) trains are running on the (F) line between the 47-50th Streets-Rockefeller Center Station and the 36th Street Station in Queens.

Please expect delays (F) and (M) trains at this time.

Does anyone think some (M) trains are terminating at Chambers St?

Guest lance25

If there's too many trains on 63rd Street, I wouldn't put it past them to send some trains via Nassau Street to Chambers or Broad Sts.

It's Incredible How The Subway And Passengers Looked Back Then And How Much The Fare Was 15 cents. now we paying $2.25 and the (MTA) wants to raise the fare againto $2.50 or even $3 flat next year. i guess thats why they call it the MTA

M-money

T-Taking

A-Agency

Guest lance25

While it's easy to blame the (MTA) for the ever-present fare hikes, one has to remember that, especially in the last few years, the state legislature keeps denying the agency the money it needs to run efficiently. When that keeps happening, they either have to reduce service, cut wages/employees or raise fares. Yes, the (MTA) isn't entirely absolved from blame, but they aren't the only ones at fault here for the fare increases every so often.

When I caught my usual (Z) train at Halsey St (it was a R42 today) the lights were off in the train plus it was empty so that made it even better (got me some good black & white pics :cool:)

Fast forward to Essex St. While going down the approach to the station, I thought the C/R would turn on the lights. I guess he forgot cuz we entered half the station in the dark before the T/O came in the PA and yelled "turn on the lights". When the train finally stopped, the lights came on, the doors opened and I got off

If they can't get new escelators to work, then why should anyone be expecting the MTA to be responsible for more ADA elevators? This is what I mean. They can't even get the existing stuff in working condition, adding more 'work' on top of things will just make things even worse.

Elevators at the major hubs/transfer points is enough. Bus lines parallel to the subways should be used to 'ferry' people to the subways.

14 days left of:

+R68A (N) trains

+R160 (R) trains

+R46 (G) trains!!

I figure by now that R46 (F) thing is not happening. Then again, there is only one set of R160 running on the (R) at this time during rush hours & ocasionally Sundays. There is about 2-3 full 8-car sets of R46 still going back to JY. So theres an option for R46 (F) trains...