SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The QB line next weekend:

No express service

(F) via 53 St both directions, no service south of Church

(E) 179 St-World Trade (days), 179 St-Whitehall via 63/Bway (nights)

(R) via 63 st both directions

Edited by Q43LTD
misleading

8 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

The QB line next week:

No express service

(F) via 53 St both directions, no service south of Church

(E) 179 St-World Trade (days), 179 St-Whitehall via 63/Bway (nights)

(R) via 63 st both directions

What's going on next week? 

15 hours ago, NY1635 said:

What's going on next week? 

ESI finalization work at 57 Street. (R) trains will run via 63rd Street to maintain service along the line while (F) trains are rerouted to 53rd Street to avoid the closed station. (E) trains are running to Whitehall St via 63rd Street for the same reason.

8 hours ago, Lance said:

ESI finalization work at 57 Street. (R) trains will run via 63rd Street to maintain service along the line while (F) trains are rerouted to 53rd Street to avoid the closed station. (E) trains are running to Whitehall St via 63rd Street for the same reason.

Maybe theyre doing work in the 11th st cut too, since that gets no service this weekend. 

Idc what anyone says, the way conductors are trained to close doors cause delays. If it was standard for them to look both ways as the "stand clear of the closing doors please" announcements go off, and close both sets at the same time right after the announcements. That would also save time. 

Why was bucket seating removed from the newer train cars? 

1. Bucket seating discourages the homeless from sleeping in train cars

2. If someone spills a drink, the spill is contained to one seat

3. Bucket seating forces fat people to stick to their own seat

I hate it when fat people sit next to me

1 hour ago, transitfan111 said:

Why was bucket seating removed from the newer train cars? 

1. Bucket seating discourages the homeless from sleeping in train cars

2. If someone spills a drink, the spill is contained to one seat

3. Bucket seating forces fat people to stick to their own seat

I hate it when fat people sit next to me

Gosh, I hate it when public transit doesn't cater to all my wants and desires!!

/s

I just realized the R68A is the only car class that doesn't run on weekends. Which is funny as it's the youngest SMEE car class, yet none of them run weekends. 

The (G) is entierly 2xxx 68s and I would imagine 68A (N) 's don't run every weekend, maybe here and there but AFAIK, I know 68A on the weekend (N) is the exception, not the norm.

I used to love riding 68A (Q) trains to High School in the late 2000s, glad they get to rest on the weekends these days 😄

Edited by trainfan22

2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

I just realized the R68A is the only car class that doesn't run on weekends. Which is funny as it's the youngest SMEE car class, yet none of them run weekends. 

The (G) is entierly 2xxx 68s and I would imagine 68A (N) 's don't run every weekend, maybe here and there but AFAIK, I know 68A on the weekend (N) is the exception, not the norm.

I used to love riding 68A (Q) trains to High School in the late 2000s, glad they get to rest on the weekends these days 😄

Some R68As can be spotted on the (G) on weekends.

2 hours ago, transitfan111 said:

What? I'm not being unreasonable. I cannot think of any advantage of bench seating over bucket seating.

Bench seating can seat more people vs the bucket seats. It's been proven over time and it's why NTT are constructed that way. Compare a seated load of a NTT or any bench seated car to an R62 or R62A for instance. It's even more pronounced in the winter time when the bulky outerwear surrounds the typical NY keister. This is coming from a person who has been observing this for over 60 years. Trust me. There's quite a few Madea/Roseanne types riding the rails. Carry on.