SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

14 hours ago, Far rockaway said:

(J) train shuttle buses extended to Broadway-Lafayette st this weekend. A little further in Manhattan this time instead of dropping you off as soon as you are off the bridge like the usual. It is only for this weekend. This is due to Uptown (F) trains not serving Essex St this weekend also.

They should do this all the time TBH. (F) to the (4)(6) is extremely annoying on weekends and I usually end up walking to Spring on the (6) if I ever end up on the (J) shuttle bus

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please remember that this forum is frequented by MTA personnel including but not limited to supervision, superintendents, managers and the Office of Inspector General, among other city and state officials. Be careful of what you post and how you represent yourself.

Other than that, enjoy your day!

Perfect! That means somebody hears our complaints on these random threads!

On the other hand, they may pick up Wallyhorse’s ideas…

Edited by CenSin

2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

They should do this all the time TBH. (F) to the (4)(6) is extremely annoying on weekends and I usually end up walking to Spring on the (6) if I ever end up on the (J) shuttle bus

I agree. Makes life a bit easier by having (J) riders connect to the Lex instead of having to take the (F) first after just getting off the shuttle bus from the bridge.

3 minutes ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

Well that's definitely the Penn Station (2)(3) announcement... most likely was just an accidental copy paste

Really funny since the (4) would have the normal M34 - 33 St announcement for late nights, wouldn't it...and the (6) had that transfer before it lost the R142As, didn't it? 

A lot of Jerome Av trains (the (4)) were in-service today: with the G/O as well as Baseball Specials between Burnside Av and Bowling Green. 

--

Also, there was a delay on the (L) train at 1st Av that involves taking a picture with a burning passion for the gram. 

Edited by Calvin

44 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

24 minute headways between 3 Av and 125 St on the (6) tomorrow... Man, y’all are hysterical 😭

Next time maybe run a bus between the 3rd Avenue stops instead of putting in a 10mph speed restriction on a tube you’re already single tracking on.

How, exactly, did you arrive at that number?

Continuing this thread:

On the Manhattan-bound (N) in Brooklyn around 6:30, my train was held because the train ahead had teenagers playing in the cab again. There teens probably got away.

But I think they could catch them faster if they swabbed semen samples from the controls. (/s)

6 hours ago, CenSin said:

Continuing this thread:

On the Manhattan-bound (N) in Brooklyn around 6:30, my train was held because the train ahead had teenagers playing in the cab again. There teens probably got away.

But I think they could catch them faster if they swabbed semen samples from the controls. (/s)

But no worries. We know the (MTA) is on top of it, and you sir are necroposting. <_< I guess a few of us aren’t (MTA) apologists...

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8