SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, subwayfan1998 said:

It is Random Thoughts topic, I Have a Right to ask questions

True, but your “questions” don’t really fit here. Most of what you say is either ridiculous or ignorant, and you’ve disregarded the advice others on the forums have given you. Also, the answers to your questions can easily be found elsewhere or by simply using common sense. I can see that you’re new here, so do yourself a favor and read the rules and some older threads to get a sense of how things go down here. 

35 minutes ago, Cabanamaner said:

True, but your “questions” don’t really fit here. Most of what you say is either ridiculous or ignorant, and you’ve disregarded the advice others on the forums have given you. Also, the answers to your questions can easily be found elsewhere or by simply using common sense. I can see that you’re new here, so do yourself a favor and read the rules and some older threads to get a sense of how things go down here. 

It’s not even about rules. It’s just netiquette.

1:47 mentions the Cuomo sets : adding more people on the train. 

Also, A Division mentions speed while the B Division is comfort

---

Another thing is that it seems that both Brighton lines went super express with the cleaning being done with the two stations

Edited by Calvin

3 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

@MHV9218 @Union Tpke

The Standard Medium sign at Broadway-Lafayette is sadly no longer with us...

They ripped it out to put in an electrical conduit for a new screen.

60141574_681397122293758_141356672745052

I'm glad I got a picture of it earlier

31946168317_35c2828791_b.jpg

A shame. We must protect the existing ones at all costs! I’d name the locations for some of them, but I don’t want draw attention to them in case the get replaced.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, KK 6 Ave Local said:

New South Ferry was most likely not an effort to recover from 9/11, it was built because the SF Loop only fit 5 cars and was very rushed-seeming in nature.

Actually, South Ferry was paid for in part by Sept. 11th recovery money to revitalize Lower Manhattan following the attacks. Also, the original loop station was built for the amount of service operated at the time. The IRT couldn't possibly fathom running ten-car trains back in 1905 when the station was originally built.

@subwayfan1998 I'm glad you're interested and inquisitive here. A problem I'm noting however is a failure to listen to what other people are telling you. Asking the same questions over and over in a slightly different way and expecting a different response will not serve you well here. Listen to what people are telling you and think before you post.

19 hours ago, Cabanamaner said:

18 hours ago, CenSin said:

It’s not even about rules. It’s just netiquette.

It's not about rules or netiquette, it's simply shutting the f*** up.

How would the city look if 9/11 never happened..... Stupid shit.

10 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Can someone please explain what a "network communication issue" is?

Two or more computers form a network.... Two or more MTA reps don't have two or more brain cells....

Apparently, the MTA can't effectively (and truthfully) communicate with commuters, so they rely on computers to communicate with commuters...

In an attempt to try to not look anymore foolish, they dupe commuters with network communication issue excuses....

3 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

It's not about rules or netiquette, it's simply shutting the f*** up.

How would the city look if 9/11 never happened..... Stupid shit.

Two or more computers form a network.... Two or more MTA reps don't have two or more brain cells....

Apparently, the MTA can't effectively (and truthfully) communicate with commuters, so they rely on computers to communicate with commuters...

In an attempt to try to not look anymore foolish, they dupe commuters with network communication issue excuses....

I thought it had something to do with CBTC.

9 hours ago, Lance said:

Actually, South Ferry was paid for in part by Sept. 11th recovery money to revitalize Lower Manhattan following the attacks. Also, the original loop station was built for the amount of service operated at the time. The IRT couldn't possibly fathom running ten-car trains back in 1905 when the station was originally built.

@subwayfan1998 I'm glad you're interested and inquisitive here. A problem I'm noting however is a failure to listen to what other people are telling you. Asking the same questions over and over in a slightly different way and expecting a different response will not serve you well here. Listen to what people are telling you and think before you post.

Problem I Have, is I Have a Low IQ. 😢