SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hah, all the schedules tell me leaving Jamaica Center on the (E) at 9:10 PM “should” get me to Bedford Park (give or take some statistically favorable transfers/connections) to make it to the 10:35 PM W20 trip.

Welp, BOTH the IRT Jerome AND IND Concourse decided otherwise.

How’s your Thursday night going?

Edited by Axis
Why did my previous post get copied?

1 hour ago, Maxwell179 said:

How come they don’t put ads on the A cars ?

I have the similar question too. I just watched some videos on Youtube and  one R160 Q gets ads on all 6 B cars, two R160 E only get ad on 3 B cars. I dont understand the logic behind this. It doesnt make sense to me. It just likes a person only wearing clothes but no pants.

My elevators at my WeWork are very slow that I treat it like the subway. I do automated announcements saying things like "Ladies and gentleman, the next downtown elevator is now arriving. Please stand away from the platform edge." and, copying the announcer of the (4) and (5), "This is a downtown local elevator the next stop is Floor 6." I even wrote a schedule for the elevators, put chairs in it, and lined up a row of chairs to make Floor 7 station.

5 minutes ago, EphraimB said:

My elevators at my WeWork are very slow that I treat it like the subway. I do automated announcements saying things like "Ladies and gentleman, the next downtown elevator is now arriving. Please stand away from the platform edge." and, copying the announcer of the (4) and (5), "This is a downtown local elevator the next stop is Floor 6." I even wrote a schedule for the elevators, put chairs in it, and lined up a row of chairs to make Floor 7 station.

Ok?

15 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Why not build a Subway in middle of highway cta style 

Quite sure there's one at some rest stop somewhere.... You can have it !

(I prefer Blimpie's instead)

14 hours ago, EphraimB said:

This is one of those things that's sad & funny at the same time..... Or maybe it's funny because it's quite sad...

43 minutes ago, Enjineer said:

If you look through their Tweets & Replies, they're pretty on top of responding to people. It's pretty great.... 

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

LMAOOOOOOO

What's even funnier is they actually gave him an answer 

Haha... Now that's GOAT status.

Now if that same zeal & promptness can somehow be transferred & implemented when it comes to quelling & eradicating actual delays !

38 minutes ago, RR503 said:

Love how they assume that ridership won't drop further when they cut service. Factor in that, and savings are negligible at best. 

Golden, isn't it.....

They also assume us riders are vacuous dullards willing to adhere to literally anything they pitch..... Shit is highly insulting....

This has long been par for the course; they want the general public to believe that service cuts & budget trimmings are done with the riders' best interest in mind... 

Well, suffice it to say, I've never known of anyone to take a bus or train that no longer exists.

45 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

Anyone when this collision and these derailments took place and where?

This is the period from May 2018 to April 2019

33994472828_8e3bfa0341_o.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-17 at 7.54.48 PM by Union Turnpike, on Flickr

Correct me if I was wrong, I believe there were few derailments on the (7) last year, two times in row in a week near 110ish th st.